Monday, September 22, 2008

TWD: Dimply Plum Cake

I seriously considered sitting this week out. This recipe just didn't sound good to me. I thought that there was no way I would like it. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe it was the word "Dimply" in the name. It just doesn't sound appetizing. But, I have issues and made it anyway!

I cut the recipe in half and baked it in a loaf pan. Man oh man! SO GOOD! This Dorie knows what she's doing! The combination of the cardamom and the orange zest is out of this world. Those are the two flavors that really stood out for me with the Danish Braid (Daring Bakers) and I loved them in this breakfast cake. YUM, YUM, YUM!!!

Head on over to Bake-en (thanks for a great choice, Michelle!) for the recipe and don't forget to check out the TWD blogroll to find out what everyone else thought!

14 comments:

PheMom said...

Glad you loved it and went for it even though you weren't sure you wanted to!!

Shelby said...

Glad you enjoyed your cake! Cardamon is an awesome spice and I have never had it myself either until the DB Danish! Great job!

Engineer Baker said...

I'm glad you did decide to give it a try. That combo really is a winner, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

yay! someone else who was put off by the word dimply! that just didn't sound good to me, either.

priscilla joy said...

dorie does have some of the best recipes, and this looks delicious!!

Kimberly said...

I, too, almost skipped over this one and am SO glad I didn't. It was SO yummy!

CB said...

Glad you didn't skip and you were pleasantly surprised. I wasn't sure how I'd feel either but I switched out the plums for cherries and liked this cake too.
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Christine said...

I wasn't sure about this cake either. Yours looks delicious and I am glad that you enjoyed it we did too!

betty geek said...

Glad you liked it! I did cherries for mine and I am hoping it will be moist for tomorrow's breakfast. Good job! :)

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I was pleasantly surprised by this cake too, and I give all the credit to the cardamom.
Nancy

Pamela said...

We both thought the same thing! I didn't think the name sounded very inviting and I just KNEW I wasn't going to like it. Wrong!!! Great little cake.

Kimberly said...

Thanks for stopping by! Have you been to Nicole's Baking Bites blog(bakingbites.com)? She uses cardamom a fair amount (ex. pumpkin spice granola, baked rice pudding, banana gingerbread) and she gives good suggestions for variations on her recipes using cardamom. I'll let you know if I find any other good cardamom-using resources :)

Anonymous said...

I was going to skip it too, but I'm glad I didn't. I didn't eat the nectarines, but my family loved them, and I loved the cake!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Glad you liked it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails