Sunday, September 14, 2008

Homemade Pizza and a Smoothie

Mmmmm.... homemade pizza! It is so tasty! I found the crust recipe at Make & Takes. It was good, but a little too bready for me. It didn't ruin the pizza for me, but next time I will roll it a bit thinner to see if that helps. It was a very delicious!

Pizza Dough

1 T. Yeast
3/4 cup warm water
1 tsp. honey
2 T. Extra virgin olive oil
2-2 1/2 cups flour

Mix yeast, water, and honey in bowl. Let sit 5-10 minutes or until yeast is foamy. Add oil and flour. Knead until smooth and elastic. Place in well oiled bowl; cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down and roll out.

Bake at 400 for a couple minutes, then place toppings on and bake 10-12 minutes longer, or until cheese is bubbly.



And, yes, I realize pizza and smoothies aren't exactly synonymous, but I didn't want to do a whole new post for one little smoothie. Plus, I already have a blueberry smoothie posted, but this is different and delicious, so I wanted to post it, too. I found the recipe at Pioneer Woman.

Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie

1 cup plain yogurt

1 cup blueberries

1 TBSP honey

Milk and ice

Blend yogurt, blueberries, and honey in blender. Add enough ice and milk to reach desired consisitency.

*I use frozen fruit instead of ice. You could sub any fruit you want for the blueberries, too.*


1 comments:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

I <3 <3 <3 yogurt smoothies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails