Monday, September 8, 2008

TWD: Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops



This weeks selection was chosen by Rachel of "Confessions of a Tangerine Tart" and the recipe can be found on page 85 of "Baking: From My Home To Yours" or at Rachel's blog.

I was really excited about this recipe because not only do I love Whoppers, I actually had them in the house! The dough was super easy to throw together and it was very fudgy. I found myself eating it straight out of the bowl, although that is true of most cookie dough so I can't honestly say it was because of the cookies! :)

Truth be told, I liked the dough better than the final product. Don't get me wrong, these cookies are incredibly delicious, especially for all you chocoholics! My problem came from the Whoppers. That's right... the candy that I enjoy so much turns hard when cooked and becomes almost toffee-like. I don't like toffee... not in the least! So, I still ate the cookies (let's not get crazy!), but next time I make them (and there will be a next time!), I will sub white chocolate chips or peanut butter chips for the Whoppers. Sure, that changes the cookie and I wouldn't be able to call it by the proper name, but at least I won't have crunchies in my cookies!

Thanks, Rachel, for a great choice! Don't forget to check out the TWD blogroll to find out how everyone else fared.

19 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I was actually surprised at how different the dough and the finished cookie tasted - the dough was almost like malty chocolate frosting, and the cookie like toffee fudge. Weird, but in a good way, right?

PheMom said...

Your cookies look really great! I love the pictures stacked on the Whoppers!

Shelby said...

Great looking cookies...love that first photo! I only wish mine looked as good as they tasted!

Brad and Erica said...

Hey! Great picture! I really like toffee, so these may be a winner. See you tonight!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

You and I would have no problems in the candy aisle: you take the Whoppers and I'll take the Heath bars! I love toffee, so I was excited about how the Whoppers melted into gooey toffee-ness (but mine didn't get very crunchy...), but I still didn't love the cookies either.
Nancy

Anne said...

Your cookies look wonderful! I agree about subbing something for the whoppers... but we still ate them too!

Anonymous said...

Love the white chocolate chip idea in these cookies! Now THAT would be a cookie I love!

Christine said...

I love the first picture, your cookies look great! I really was suprised with the dough and the actually cookie. Still good!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

I wasn't to hip on these either. I don't like malt, and don't really care for toffee either.

Pamela said...

Great presentation! I really enjoyed the dough, too. I kept finding a reason to open the refrigerator. The changes you said sound delicious.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - I liked the dough better, too! Your cookies look great, and I really like your presentation.

Megan said...

Wow - what a pretty presentation.

And I'm glad it wasn't just me that didn't like them! But peanut butter - now there's an idea!!

Tammy said...

Your cookies look way better than mine - not so flat. And I love your photos!!!

Prudy said...

The whoppers definitely were different melted but I loved them! Yours look wonderful, even if they weren't your absolute faves.

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Have sent you a cute award - please check my blog. Heather

betty geek said...

hehe, cute pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Your cookies look great! Nice pictures!

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Very attractive presentation of the Whoppers in an icecream dish. Good job!

Jaime said...

your cookies look so yummy. i like toffee so i didn't mind those bits but will definitely chop them in bigger pieces next time

Related Posts with Thumbnails