Friday, September 12, 2008

Cookie Carnival: Pink Grapefruit Sandwich Cookies


This month's cookie carnival recipe came from Martha Stewart. I had high hopes for this cookie. I figured, "It's Martha. It has to be good." Nope. Not good. They are actually sitting in my trash can as I type this.

The cookie itself has no flavor. It was completely bland. The only good thing about this cookie was the filling. It was absolutely delicious. I would spread it on a cake or a sugar cookie. Unfortuntately, it didn't help out the cookie. There was just no saving it.

On the bright side, Anya had a blast playing with the leftover dough!



If you want to try it out, the recipe can be found here. Also, check out the round up at The Clean Plate Club at the end of the month. Hopefully others had better luck than I did!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! I'm so bummed they didn't work out for you. I tend to taste things a lot as I'm cooking. Neither the dough nor the filling was cutting it for me so i added extra zest and juice to both. Maybe next month will be better. They're cute regardless, and i agree the filling is HEAVEN. They're much better chilled too.

Arika

Mari said...

I liked the cookie, but wasn't as crazy about the filling, this recipe needs some serious tweaking!

April said...

Sorry that you didn't like them! They still look great!

Mari said...

At least your daughter had a good time making these!

Stacey said...

I'm glad your daughter got some good use out of the dough! :)

Anonymous said...

I thought the cookies was OK, but the filling was way too sweet. I did have extra dough, but just tossed it out since I had no desire to make anymore.

Related Posts with Thumbnails