Sunday, September 7, 2008

Chewy Granola Bars


Do you buy the chewy granola bars from the store? I did... all the time. Not anymore! These are amazingly easy and so delicious! I found the recipe at Make and Takes.

I don't think my butter was soft enough and therefore I don't think my ingredients mixed as well as they should have. Most broke into pieces after I cut them. But, it didn't stop me from eating all the broken bits! It tasted so good!


Next time I will bake in an 8x8 instead of the 9x13. I hope the thicker bar will help it to stay together better. Also, I saw some comments on Make and Takes about subbing peanut butter for the butter for a different flavor. I will DEFINATELY be trying that!


*HA HA HA!!! I am rolling in laughter right now. As I am typing the ingredients I realized that I totally left out the brown sugar! Probably why they didn't come together as well!*

Chewy Granola Bars

2 1/2 c. Oats - quick rolled oats
1/2 c. Rice Krispies
1/4 c. coconut
1/2 c. M&M minis or mini chocolate chips
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla


Add all of the ingredients and mix together until combined. Press into a square 8×8 pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and score into bars. Let it set completely and then cut into bars. For thinner bars, press mix into a 9×13 pan.

1 comments:

Maggie said...

The coconut and honey in these sounds so delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails