Monday, September 15, 2008

TWD: Chocolate Chunkers

Dorie Greenspan... I love you! My waistline may eventually begin to dislike you, but me, I love you!

This cookie is going down as my favorite cookie EVER! I don't know if I am going to share them. I may keep them all to myself. Selfish, I know. But they are so good!

This is definately a chocolate lovers dream cookie. Very rich and almost brownie-like. The recipe calls for 5 different types of chocolate, nuts, and raisins. The idea of raisins in this cookie didn't appeal to me, so I subbed an additional chocolate for the raisins. So, this cookie has cocoa powder, unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, and toasted pecans. Oh.... my.... gosh! Amazing! I will make these again and again and again and again and again and... oh, you get the point!

Thank you Claudia of Fool for Food for choosing this superb recipe! Head over to her blog for the recipe and don't forget to check out the TWD blogroll to see what creative things these talented bakers did!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the cookies and happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

that made me laugh - subbed a different chocolate for the raisins. my kind of substitution! what else does chocolate need, besides more chocolate, anyway?! i love the idea of toasted pecans; since i always use pecans, i went ahead and stuck with dorie's salted peanuts for a change of pace, but i wish i'd stuck with pecans. that's a great photo -

Pamela said...

Nice picture with the cookie on the glass of milk! These were good cookies, weren't they? They got a lot of oohs and ahhs at our birthday party over the weekend. Happy belated Birthday!! Sounds like you had fun and all the food looks great! That chicken looks mouth-wateringly good!!

Megan said...

Those look like puddles of fudge! Yummy! I only have half a batch so I wouldn't eat too many of them!!

Did you post your birthday cake? Because PB and chocolate is my favorite combination!

Megan said...

Duh -I'm still asleep - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! September rocks!!

Shari said...

This cookie definitely goes well with milk! Love that photo!

Engineer Baker said...

Nothing like additional chocolate to take these even farther over the top. I'm glad you found a favorite!

priscilla joy said...

those cookies look great! i've never thought to add cherries to chip cookies, but that sounds good. maybe i'll try it.

Marthe said...

I loved this cookies, glad you liked them too!

Jamie said...

I really enjoyed these cookies, yours look delicious!

betty geek said...

HAHA! It is the best cookie ever! Nice balancing job with the picture! Good job with the recipe. Are you going to make those grapefruit cookie s for cookie carnival?

Anonymous said...

Your cookies look so good with that glass of milk! My waistline is not going to like Dorie soon either!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Beautiful cookies, and congrats on finding a new favorite! Congrats also on your birthday. Yes, you are halfway to my age... Love your kiddos.
Nancy

Prudy said...

Happy Birthday and what a cute picture of you and your kids. Next, your cookies look wonderful! Glad you found a favorite.

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Good job! I'm pleased you are a fan - I am also going to make them again but as they are pretty pricey I think only over a Holiday season.

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Yours look wonderful! We loved these as well!

Adventures in Gluttony said...

OOOwww...those look so rich and chocolatey! I will definitely head over to Claudia of Fool for Food to get the recipe. This looks like the perfect cookie to make for my brother who is away at college. Thanks for the heads up.

Happy belated birthday! I wouldn't share those either if I was you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails