Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Apple Chowder

It's been a long day so this will be short and sweet. Here is an absolutely DELICIOUS breakfast. YUM YUM YUM! I had it two days in a row and would make it again tomorrow, but I am out of apples! I found the recipe at Veggie Terrain.

Apple Chowder

2 medium apples of your choice, diced
1/2 c. chopped pecans, chopped
1/2 c. chopped walnuts, chopped
1/4 c. raisins
1/2 c. cashew butter
dash of vanilla extract
dash of salt
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. mace
water for thinning

Place apples, pecans, walnuts, and raisins in a bowl. Blend cashew butter, vanilla, salt, and maple syrup. Add enough water until desired consistency is reached (you'll want it pretty thin). Pour on top of apple mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon and mace.

*Notes: I used peanut butter since the commissary doesn't carry cashew butter. They also don't carry mace, so I used nutmeg instead. The second time I made this I added some shredded coconut. YUM!

2 comments:

priscilla joy said...

yummy this looks delicious. kinda reminds me of waldorf salad - which i love!

Leslie said...

Oh yum..this looks great!
I actually have a jar of unopened cashew butter that I bought having no idea on what I was going to do with it....well now I know!
Thanks for your comment on my oreo turkeys..they were fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails