Sunday, September 7, 2008

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas & Spanish Rice



These enchiladas were SOOOOOOOOO good! I found the recipe at Phe/MOM/enon. I love enchiladas and am always looking for new recipes. I will make these over and over again. The only thing I might change is the amount of honey. I think I may decrease it by a tablespoon or so. It may have been a little more sweet just because I didn't add in the full amount of chili powder, though. Even so, these were awesome!!!!


The spanish rice recipe I found at Allrecipes. Easy peasy and so delicious! What a great side for this meal!


Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I used 3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed)
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (I used 2 large chicken breasts)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded (I used colby-jack)
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream (I only used about 1/2 cup)


Mix the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic together and toss with the shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour (or toss together in a ziploc bag and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours).


Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.


Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.
--------------------------------------------------
Spanish Rice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
2 cups water
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
2 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste
1 teaspoon salt

Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Saute rice, onion, and bell pepper until rice is browned and onions are tender.

Stir in water and tomatoes. Season with chili powder and salt. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.

2 comments:

The McBride Family said...

Those looks SOOOO YUMMY!! I'm going to try those a.s.a.p.

Anonymous said...

I've got the enchiladas in the oven and the rice simmering away on the stove as I type. Smells scrumptious! Can't wait for dinner time :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails