Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Artichoke Chicken and Spinach Pinwheels

Please disregard my photography skills. I can cook and bake up a storm, but pictures just aren't my thing. I promise dinner tasted much better than it looks!!!

Tonight I made Artichoke Chicken (from CFYF) and Spinach Pinwheels. It was kind of like having Spinach-Artichoke dip for dinner! They were both delicious! If I make the chicken without the pinwheels, I would add some spinach to the artichoke mixture, but I didn't want to over-do it on the spinach.

Sorry for the short post, but I am exhausted and both kids are in bed so I think I will head that way, too!

Artichoke Chicken

1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper, to taste
Mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375.

In a medium bowl mix together artichoke hearts, parmesan, mayonnaise, and garlic powder. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in baking dish. Cover evenly with artichoke mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella.

Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
---------------------------------------------------------

Spinach Pinwheels

2 (8 oz) packages crescent rolls
8 oz cream cheese (seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and Italian seasoning)
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained

Preheat oven to 400.

Split crescent roll dough in half along center perforation. Flatten and seal perforations. Spread with cheese and sprinkle with spinach. Roll up and slice. Arrange on a cookies sheet. Continue with remaining dough.

Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.



1 comments:

The McBride Family said...

Alright now looking at the picture makes me want to have seconds! :) So yummy! Thanks for dinner girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails