Thursday, September 25, 2008

Herbed Pork Tenderloin and Rainbow Peppers



Sorry for the lack of writing the last few days. This has been an incredibly exhausting week, both physically and emotionally. I had surgery (outpatient) the beginning of the week, lost a friend in Iraq the middle of the week, and am ending the week with 2 sick kids. :( Needless to say, I can't really think of anything to write. But, I have recipes galore waiting to be posted (I think I have enough ready to be posted to get me through the first week of October!), so I will be posting the pics and recipes still. Hopefully soon I will get a bit more energy to write more. Thanks for still checkin' in on the blog, though!

Herbed Pork Tenderloin
So delicious... my go-to recipe for pork tenderloin!


1 lb pork tenderloin
1 TBSP olive oil, divided
1/2 TBSP brown sugar
1/2 TBSP ground cinnamon
1/2 TBSP ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper


Combine all rub ingredients. Rub 1 tsp olive oil onto tenderloin. Roll tenderloin in rub to coat. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil. Add tenderloin and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned on all sides. Place in pan and bakeat 400  for 25-30 minutes or until thermometer reads 160. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.


Rainbow Peppers

From May issue of Taste of Home


1/2 each medium green, sweet red, yellow, and orange peppers
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
2 TBSP chopped black olives
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional


Cut each pepper half into 9 pieces. Place skin side down in an ungreased skillet or baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, olives, and pepper flakes. Broil 3-4 inches from heat for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are crisp-tender.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sugah, what a week. It's amazing you're even up to writing at all, I'd be in the kitchen shoving brownies in my face and pretending the computer wouldn't turn on. Here's to improved days, and more baking!

priscilla joy said...

looks yummy. hope your kiddos feel better soon and you have a better week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails