Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes


I know there are a ton of pumpkin pancake recipes out there but I am throwing one more into the mix. Instead of trying to pick from all the recipes, I created my own and I have to say they are fantastic!

I have made these two weekends in a row and my family gobbles them up. My husband, who isn't a big pancake eater, has had seconds both times and has requested that I make these often this fall. They are amazingly delicious and taste so much like pumpkin pie.

Enjoy!

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp oil
3/4 cup pumpkin
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix flour through brown sugar in a large bowl. In a medium bowl mix oil through vanilla. Mix wet into dry and whisk to combine. Cook on griddle until done. Serve with maple syrup or whipped cream... or both!

4 comments:

Flourchild said...

Wow these look amazing! I love the buttermilk in the recipe too! Im going to make these as soon as possible!

Leslie said...

Ohhhh..I love them!!! Anything pumpkin!

Coleens Recipes said...

I absolutely LOVE your photo today, talk about mouth watering!!!

Cindy said...

Looks delicious. I'll make them this weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails