Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lemon Crumb Muffins

I think I may have breakfast issues. I LOVE baking in the morning. I actually debate about what to make for breakfast while I am falling asleep at night! The problem is that there are way too many recipes to make and I don't think I will ever have enough time. Unless I go Hobbit-style and have a second breakfast, too!

I found the recipe for these muffins in the April/May issue of Taste of Home. The recipe is for a ridiculous amount of muffins (40!!!!), so I quartered the recipe (used a full 1/4 tsp of the salt and baking soda, though) and it made exactly 10. They were really good and lemony. I love anything lemon (except just plain lemons!) and these muffins were great. I had one with the glaze and one without and they tasted pretty much the same to me. Because the glaze didn't make a huge difference to me, I will omit it in the future to cut back on the sugar.

Lemon Crumb Muffins

6 cups AP flour

4 cups sugar

3/4 tsp baking soda

3/4 tsp salt

8 eggs

2 cups sour cream

2 cups butter, melted

3 TBSP lemon zest

2 TBSP lemon juice

Streusel:

3/4 cup AP flour

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup cold butter

Glaze:

1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup lemon juice

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon zest, and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or papered muffin tins.

In a small bowl combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Mix together glaze ingredients and drizzle over warm muffins.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop it!! Just stop it with all the fabulous muffins and scones!! ROFL!!

PheMom said...

I love lemon too - these look amazing!

priscilla joy said...

yummy, these look deelicous!

Andrea said...

Lemon is my favorite flavor and I love to make muffins as well. I have a really good lemon scone recipe on my blog you might like: http://www.bakingpower.com/scones/melt-in-your-mouth-lemon-scones/
Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails