Monday, December 1, 2008

TWD: Linzer Sables


Three different cookies have been chosen for December for Tuesdays with Dorie and I am excited! I love cookies and it is always fun to try new cookie recipes.


This weeks selection was Linzer Sables. The cookies themselves were tasty. I loved the flavor of the ground almonds in the dough. However, these are sandwiched together with jam. (There was the option to use chocolate, but I made a half batch and didn't want to open heavy cream for just a little.)


After the rugelach I should've realized that I am not a jam with my cookie kind of person. I like PB&J and jelly on my toast, but not with my cookies. I'm not even a fan of jelly donuts. So, these cookies are now sitting at my friend Monica's house. At least with cookies it is relatively easy to cut the recipe in half and then you aren't wasting too much if you don't like it!


Head over to Living the Life for the recipe and, as always, check out the blogroll!

16 comments:

Cathy said...

They look beautiful! I really liked the nuts in the dough, too -- I don' think I'd ever had a cookie like that before.

Shelby said...

They look great! I haven't been able to try one yet - I still need to do the jam filling and won't have time until this evening! Hope your friend is enjoying them!

Jamie said...

Sorry you did not like them with the jam! I actually really enjoyed these! They look pretty and that's what counts! ;)

Prudy said...

They're awfully pretty. Sorry you didn't love them. I bet living in Germany that you could have one any time you wanted, too.

Maria said...

Love these cookies! They are so cute!

Engineer Baker said...

I hope your friend appreciates them - they look wonderful! Maybe you'd like them with the chocolate filling?

Anonymous said...

They look great!
Sorry you didn't like them with jam though... but at least your friend will enjoy them :D

Linda said...

Your friend is one lucky gal to receive your cookies!

My hubby doesn't like jam w. his cookies... I used nutella for a few cookies, and he loved them. hope you give it another shot w. the chocoalate version!

Anonymous said...

Your cookies look perfect. Maybe using peanut butter would be more up your alley?

Di said...

I think I like the cookies better without the filling, though they were okay with chocolate. I haven't tried them with jam yet. And hey, more cookies to try next week! =)

Megan said...

So where's the Nutella when you need it? I've seen lots of it floating around today. Really, you can't go wrong with it!!

CB said...

You don't like jelly donuts? Oh man. I am not sure we can be friends anymore. I love jelly donuts! Of course whenever I eat them it always squirts onto my shirt. HAHA. Sorry you weren't a fan of the sables but I am sure your friend Monica loved them!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

MacDuff said...

They look gorgeous, though! Although I'm with you...and your buckeyes already have me drooling!

Hope your husband gets home safely...thinking about you guys.

Flourchild said...

Im sure you friend will enjoy them. My husband does not like anything with jam on it except his toast! At least you made them...Im sad I forgot.

Pamela said...

Sorry you weren't a fan, but what did your friend think?? It looks like they turned out pretty, too.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Your cookies look delightful, and you had a tasty treat for a gift, so two good things about the cookies! Now you have confirmed that jam + cookies don't work for you. I wonder what you'll think of the Buttery Jam Cookies? The jam was all mixed into the dough, so it wasn't like a big bite of jam, but it was still jam...
Nancy

Related Posts with Thumbnails