Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Chocolate Dipped Orange Butter Cookies

The day has come... this is my last cookie recipe. Well, the last one that has been made so far! I am seeing SO many delicious cookies and treats around the food blogosphere and have added many to my list. But, for now, this is the last one! :)

These were really good, especially dipped in chocolate! I added orange zest to the dough to up the orange flavor. I loved these cookies and they didn't last long. I'll be honest... these ones didn't even make it to the freezer. But, in my defense, I only made a half batch, so I had 8 cookies and 4 I gave away. So really, I only ate 4. And, I swear, it wasn't all in one day!

And on a completely seperate note.... has anyone noticed that my countdown is now in single digits????? Nathan is coming home so soon!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Chocolate Dipped Orange Butter Cookies
Original recipe from Smells Like Home

1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure orange extract
1 tsp orange zest
2 1/3 cups flour
Chocolate, for dipping

Cream butter. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extracts. Gradually blend in flour.

Flatten dough into discs and wrap in plastic wrap or shape into logs and wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours.

Cut shapes or slice the logs. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheet.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove immediately to wire rack to cool.

While cookies cool, melt chocolate. After cooling, dip the orange cookies in the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper to cool.

10 comments:

Shelby said...

yippee!! for the cookies and for Nathan!

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

I'm so happy for you that Nathan will soon be home! :)

Wow, these cookies can't miss--- two of my favorite flavors in one cookie! Thanks for the recipe Cristine. xo~m.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Is your stomach in knots yet? I'd be a nervous wreck!

My "to make list" is totally out of control! I'll need to bake everyday through the end of January to get it all made and tasted (HA!) and that is only if no one blogs about another easy and yummy treat!
~ingrid

Cathy said...

Yum -- I think that chocolate and orange is a perfect holiday combination!

I'm excited for you! :-)

priscilla joy said...

Those look so delicoius! Horray that you get to see Nathan soon! =)

Dewi said...

This cookies sound insanely good. Orange zest sure does play important part for this cookie, as it gives those fragrant and citrusy taste in it. Have a wonderful season!
Cheers,
Elra

Melissa said...

The chocolate on these makes them very tempting! Thanks for sharing all of your cookie recipes!

Christy said...

I love orange or lemon with chocolate. Mmmm! Your cookies are cute as buttons!

Yay...9 days and counting till you see your hubby. I'm thrilled for you! :)

betty geek said...

Single digits baby! Whoo hoo! xoxo!

Cheeky Kitchen said...

Oh, mother.
ANYTHING with orange and chocolate.

Anything.

But especially THOSE! Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails