Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Buckeyes

Do you like to clean or is it just a necessary evil? I LOVE cleaning. I am a total neat freak and love to organize things. It really is an obsession. I can't handle clutter and messes. It is just one of my quirks.

Speaking of quirks... Is there anyone else out there who only hand washes their dishes or doesn't own a microwave? My friends think I'm crazy. I have a dishwasher, but it has never been used. I wash the dishes after every meal (goes with my can't stand messes thing...) and for some reason just prefer to do it by hand. I also don't own a microwave. We used to have one, but when it died I just saw no need for a new one. So, anyone else "crazy" like me?

Wow... maybe that was all too much information! Hmmmm... are you sure you all want to get to know me better? :)

This recipe is something I make every year for my cookie trays. You can't beat the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Sorry the picture isn't great, but, believe me, the buckeyes are AWESOME!


Buckeyes

1 1/2 cups peanut butter

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 tsp vanilla

4 cups powdered sugar

Chocolate for dipping

Mix all ingredients; shape into balls. Place on wax paper and refrigerate.

Prepare chocolate for dipping. Dip each ball and return to wax paper.

Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't use the dishwasher? When we bought our house I told my realtor that my marriage could survive almost anything...except the lack of a dishwasher. Good for you.

The McBride Family said...

Believe ME the buckeye's ARE awesome!!! I can NOT WAIT till Saturday! :)

Flourchild said...

Girl Im right there with you on the dishwasher..I hate using mine. I don't like to unload it and would rather wash by hand. Plus you do save energy! YOur sweets looks incredible.

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, I love those things! I was just thinking about them last night as I fell asleep and wondering whether or not I could make them to give to other people without eating all of them myself first! I have a microwave, it's not a very good one but it suits my purpose for reheating leftovers when I'm starving. I don't use it for much other than that and the occasional bag of popcorn. I'm very weird about what I will put in the dishwasher. There are a lot of things that I prefer to wash and dry by hand. I think that a dishwasher is a nice thing to have but it's probably a toss-up between that and the microwave as to which appliance I'd give up first. So, no, I don't think you're crazy at all.

Lori said...

These "cookies" or "candies" are on eof my favorites. I could just eat them one right after the other which is why I do not make them. If we get a cookie tray and these are on them, I hone right in on them.

Brad and Erica said...

Hmmm... I already knew about your dishwasher and microwave quirk, and I do think you are crazy, but I will give you something else about me too... on second thought, I'll send them to you in an email. :-) These look fantastic! I'll have to make them with my family. If I were there, you know that I would eat them for you!

Susan said...

Oh Thank you- I made these years ago and couldnt remember what they were called- I wanted the recipe so bad. They are so good!

Reeni said...

Those look really good! I handwash too, even though we have a dishwasher. I have to rinse off the dishes to put in the dishwasher so I figure why not just wash them?

Anonymous said...

I have been forced into washing dishes, the dishwasher that came with the house doesn't work and I do like doing them I just wish I had more time but with babysitting an 8 month old things can get a little busy at my house. I love buckeyes and am so glad you posted this I have been wanting to make these for a couple of years now, wish I knew you knew how to make these years ago! Thanks bunches.

Emily Rose said...

ok the microwave thing I can totally see- but the dishwasher?! No way! The first house we lived in after we got married had no dishwasher and a horrible kitchen that was about 7 ft by 7 ft- it was basically a closet with a really nasty old oven/stove combo- and it was terrible! I told my husband that my only real requirement for a house/apartment from now on is that we have a dishwasher- I could do without many appliances but not that!

The buckeyes look delicious! I am definitely making some this Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails