Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Peppermint Bark

It's been a few days since I have told you about myself, so here is another little tidbit. :)

I am incredibly shy in person. To be honest, if any of you met me in real life, you probably wouldn't talk to me. Not because I'm not nice, but because I wouldn't talk! I get so nervous around people and, unless I know you, I sit there and get very anxious about what to say. Most times I think I come off as a snob because I don't talk, but really it is just because of my nerves. But, once I get to know you, there is no shutting me up! :)

Now, speaking of not shutting me up... I CAN'T stop talking about this peppermint bark. It is out of this world fantastic!!! The recipe comes courtesy of Leslie from The Hungry Housewife and it is DANGEROUS! Make sure you hide it or give some of it away or else you will eat it all! It is yummy, yummy, yummy! What are you waiting for??? Go make it!!!


Peppermint Bark
12 oz bitter sweet chocolate, finely chopped
12 oz white chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp Peppermint extract
6 oz peppermint candies
Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with foil( use non stick foil), make sure you let the sides overhang so you can pull the bark out when its done.
In a heavy duty zip lock bag, crush the peppermints.
In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate, peppermint extract and whipping cream and stir until smooth. Pour the dark chocolate into the baking pan and evenly smooth out.
Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes to firm.
In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate and stir until smooth.
Remove the dark chocolate from the fridge and with a paper towel, blot off and moisture that has accumulated on the top. Pour the white chocolate over the dark chocolate.
Sprinkle the peppermint candies over the white chocolate.
Place in fridge to firm for about 1 hour. Remove and cut to your desired shape and size.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

13 comments:

*.*MENGNI*.* said...

looking yum yum!

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm sure we'd all adore you. The bark looks fabulous!

Engineer Baker said...

Ditto on the shyness thing - I'd probably hide in a corner if I got together with all the people I've met online. I have no problem talking to everyone on the internets, but in person? Brrr!

Shelby said...

Lovely bark! I saw Leslie's also!

I bet you'd talk to me. My life involves talking to young people all the time in my work situation! We had one student who was very "dark". He would walk so slow and you could barely hear him when he talked. I just treated him kindly, would ask him questions (us moms are good at that too!) fed him cookies and candy (hehe) and by his Sr year (last May he graduated) he was like a totally different person. He came in to see me over the summer before he left for China on a mission trip and I almost didn't recognize him! He even gave me a hug!! So, if I could get him to talk - I could get you to talk too. ;-) You AND engineer baker. he he.

Jessica said...

I can relate on the shyness. I am awful in situations where I don't know anyone and I always wish that I could be a person who feels comfortable in those situations. I'm even really shy with the comments - I read blogs for months before I felt comfortable leaving comments. Anyway, the peppermint bark looks fantastic! I have to make something to bring as a gift and I think that I'll try this. Thanks!

Maria said...

On my list to make, I just haven't had time yet!! I am going into mad baking mode on Friday:)

Cathy said...

This peppermint bark looks incredible! I've bought it before, but never made it. This might have to be the year to change that! I am also on the shy side until I get to know people (and then I won't shut up). We could cower in the corner together until we got to know each other, and then fight trying to get a word in edgewise!

Reeni said...

Peppermint bark is one of my favorites. Yours looks especially delicious!! YUM!

Megan said...

It's always easier to talk to strangers online than in real like - I am accused of being snobby also, but it seems like whenever I open my mouth something dorky comes out!

BTW - Sabrina and I just made peppermint bark - it was awesome!

betty geek said...

Shut up! You shy? Really? That is funny because most shy people are attracted to my wild and crazy personality. :P This peppermint bark looks awesome. I might make this also for my brunch party! :D

Millers! said...

Oh girlfriend, I just might have to try this stuff! I tried the Lemon Greek Chicken, pretty yummy!

Unknown said...

My daughter would love this recipe. We just made some treat tins and used a couple of your recipes, snowballs and buckeyes. If I had seen this one, we probably would have used it too.
Great goodies as always!

Leslie said...

Looks wonderful girl!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails