Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Egg Nog Cookies

Today's installment of getting to know me may be a little sappy, so feel free to skip down to the yummy recipe if you want! :)

Nathan and I met on July 23, 2000. I was headed to the Salt River for a work outing and Nathan was home on leave. My supervisor was Nathan's best friend (and my sister's high school boyfriend), so Nathan was invited to come along to the river with our department.

We started talking right away and hit it off. We spent the day just floating down the river getting to know each other. As corny as it sounds, it really was love at first sight.

Nathan was only in town for a week after the river, so we didn't have much time together. He told me he loved me right before he headed back to Louisiana (where he was stationed) and I knew that I was in love with him, too!

Our families knew each other since my sister was dating Nathan's best friend so no one was shocked or worried that things were moving quickly. It was so great to have the support of both of our families from the get go!

He proposed the day after Thanksgiving and we were married July 21, 2001 (363 days after we first met). It was a whirlwind romance and I can honestly say that I love this man more and more every day. He is truly my best friend and soulmate and I look forward to spending my life with him!



Now if that wasn't enough sweetness for you, how about some delicious egg nog cookies? I love egg nog! I don't care that it isn't healthy or that a recent article on MSN called it a liquid cheeseburger. I will forever drink egg nog during the holidays! And drinking it isn't enough! Here is a wonderful cookie recipe showcasing this tasty holiday drink! YUM!!!!

Egg Nog Cookies

2 1/4 cups flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 1/4 cups sugar

3/4 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup egg nog

1 tsp vanilla

2 large egg yolks

1 TBSP nutmeg, for tops

Preheat oven to 325.

Combine flour through nutmeg. Set aside. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg nog, yolks, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.

Add dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake 20-25 minutes or until bottoms have turned light brown.

6 comments:

Shelby said...

How sweet your story is! I'm happy you and he have that special connection. I feel the same way about my Grumpy. It took us longer to get married (I had been married before and was a little on the nervous side about marrying again!) but I wouldn't trade his miserable behind for the world. ;0)

I love the glass in your photo and the cookies sound yummy to me!

Unknown said...

i love your story. my hubby and i are pretty cheesy, too. we met, fell in love, and married in a matter of a few months! We just knew. I love him still with butterflies in my tummy. Thanks for the recipe. I am not sure if I like eggnog, but I know many people who do!

Maria said...

Great story and great cookies!

Hayley said...

I can just imagine in the blistering hot Arizona sun, you and Nathan floating down the river. That is an amazing story and I am glad you shared it!

priscilla joy said...

mm, these look delicious! what a neat story. and it is so neat Cristine to see that you still love your husband Nathan even *more* after getting married.

Megan said...

What a sweet story - and I like the countdown on your blog.

I love egg nog, probably more than I should. It's like 1000 calories in a glass, but the diet can start after New Year's right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails