Saturday, December 20, 2008

Award and Cookbook Collection


Teresa of A Blog About Food has given me the Uber Amazing Blog award and I wanted to say a big thank you to her! I am so happy that you enjoy my blog and thanks so much for the award! Plus, I like having an excuse to write the word uber! :)

I would like to pass this award on to Bunny & Carol of Bunny's Warm Oven, Conversations with a Cupcake (I'm so sorry that I don't have a name!!!!), and Prudy of Prudence Pennywise. I love these blogs and really look forward to seeing new posts from them! I hope you'll stop by and check them out! I promise you that you won't be disappointed!!!

Now let's talk about cookbooks! I was visiting Pam's blog (Cookies with Boys) and she was displaying her cookbook collection. She was posting hers in response to another food blogger. So, now I am posting mine! I think it is a fun idea! Mine isn't very large, but considering I end up bookmarking so many recipes online, not many recipes get made from my books. OOPS! But, that doesn't stop me from buying and asking for more. I can't get enough!!! :)


This is my cookbook collection. I don't have a lot of extra room in the kitchen, so they stay on these shelves in my laundry room. I love going in there and picking up one and reading it. Not just looking through it, but actually reading it like a novel. Am I weird? I'm hoping there are others out there like me! Oh, and don't fret that Baking: From My Home to Yours isn't on the shelf. It stays on my cookbook holder next to the stove!



In addition to my cookbooks, I have this magazine holder that holds folders and my binder. The folders are divided into categories (main dish, side dish, desserts, etc) and this is where I keep recipes that I pull out of magazines.



The binder holds all the recipes that I have made that are "keepers". I put together a family cookbook a few years back for Christmas and included all of my keepers up to that point and these are recipes that have been keepers since then.



I unfortunately can't show you the last place that I keep recipes... my favorites folder! Thanks to all the wonderful food bloggers, I have an ever growing folder online! So many delicious recipes that are calling my name that I am eager to try!

Is anyone else bummed that there will never be enough time to make all the recipes that are out there??? I may not be able to make them all, but I sure will try!

Now... what's on your shelf?

10 comments:

priscilla joy said...

Yup, not enough time to make all the great looking food on blogs...but if I did I might be as big as a house!

Rachelle S said...

Great collection there! Is that a Cooking Light book on the bottom there? I think I have the same one. :)
I have lots of print-outs that I need to refile in my binder. Dorie's book sits next to me here on my desk so I can flip through it when we reach a new week. Sadly I haven't looked through it this busy month.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Congrats on your award!

Thanks for the idea on how to organize all the recipes I've printed out! During my shopping trip tomorrow I'm picking up two! GREAT idea!!!

Btw, less than a week to go!
~ingrid

Prudy said...

Congratulations to you on your award and thanks so much for thinking of me!

Princess of Power said...

Congrats on your award! How exciting!

Bunny said...

Thank you so much Cristine! I've been working my butt off at work and coming home and taking a nap...cause I'm old and I need one , so I didn't get to see this till now. Thak you again , you are so sweet!

Pamela said...

Congrats on your award! Well deserved. Nice collection! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one to show off all my folders.

J.L. Danger said...

oh I am so glad that I am not the only one! My husband thinks that I am weird to read cookbooks! I don't think he minds though, when I cook what I read! I have to move my cookbooks, they take up two shelves in my pantry, and I need that space! Your organizer is so much more organized than mine!

Congrats on the award!

Lori said...

I read cookbooks like novels too. So funny, huh!

And yes I definitely feel like there wasnt enough time to make everything I wanted to make. But I do feel like I am going to drop from exhaustion. Saturday I baked cookies for five hours. And then made four loaves of bread, a pot of soup and another round of cranberry salsa. Dang I was beat. Every day I say I am going to relax today. And I dont.

Thats awesome you husband is comign home. What a great Christmas gift!

Reeni said...

Congrats on your award! You have a great cookbook collection. I read cookbooks like that too! It must be a 'foodie' thing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails