Thursday, December 4, 2008

Holiday M&M Cookies

What time do you wake up in the morning? Are you a morning or a night person?

I am a hard core morning person. You all may think I am crazy after I tell you this, but, to be honest, you wouldn't be the first to call me that! Hey, even Nathan tells me I'm crazy from time to time! :) I wake up at 4:45 Monday through Friday to work out. Anya is usually up a little after 6, so I like to get my workout in before she is up for the day. I am happy to be back to my normal routine. During the first few months of Eric's life, I would work out around 2 or 3 in the morning (yes, even I would call that crazy!) because he nursed so much at night. After those crazy months, 4:45 is wonderful!

And, hey, with all these goodies being baked up in my house, I NEED those workouts! Here are some yummy M&M cookies. I use my big chocolate chip cookie recipe for these and sub red and green M&Ms for the chocolate chips. I heart festive cookies!


M&M Cookies

2 cups flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

1 egg yolk

1 cup M&Ms


Preheat oven to 325. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Cream butter and sugars; beat in vanilla and eggs. Mix in dry ingredients. Stir in M&Ms. Drop by 1/4 cups on greased cookie sheet at least 3" apart. Bake 15-17 minutes or until edges are lightly toasted.

8 comments:

K said...

I am glad I saw this recipe, I cannot get chocolate chips where I live, I totally forgot about using m&m's
Thanks I will have to try this now.

The McBride Family said...

Well I may only get up about an hour after you in the morning but I still think you're nuts! :) And I can't wait to have my cookies!

Shelby said...

I'm an early workout bird too. Many mornings I can't sleep past 4 AM. :) I <3 festive cookies too!

Megan said...

I am a total morning person. My day usually starts between 4:45-5:15. I call it "my time", because I am the only one up, and it's so nice and quiet!

The Blonde Duck said...

I saw you around and wanted to say hello! I love the cookies!

priscilla joy said...

mm, these look so good. i am a morning person too, getting up around 9 means the day is almost over! something on my blog for you!

Flourchild said...

Girl we could be work out buddies! I too get up every day before 5am and get my work out in...Im am a total morning girl! Thanks for your sweet words on my blog...I was so sad this morning, but I know things will be fine. We just have to love our kids and pray for the best. I wish I could shelter them from all the hurts of this world, but I can't.

Cindy Howard said...

Just wanted to say I am amazed! I look at your blog, and think of the effort and skill it takes, and wow. It reminds me of a talk I heard at church about we as women should create beautiful things. I think you are a creater.

Related Posts with Thumbnails