Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cucumber Sandwiches

Is it really Christmas week already??? This month has just flown by, although you won't be hearing any complaints from me! Nathan starts his journey home tomorrow (it takes usually around 4 days). Between Christmas and Nathan, this is going to be one amazing week!!! :)

This is one of my favorite appetizers ever! They are so cute and delicious! You could also just make it one big sandwich and have it for lunch. YUM!

Cucumber Sandwiches

8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 (.7 oz) package Italian salad dressing mix
2 medium cucumbers, sliced
Pinch of dill weed
Bread (French, Rye, Whole Wheat - anything you want!)

In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Italian dressing mix. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours; preferably overnight.

Spread cream cheese blend onto slices of bread. Top with a cucumber slice and sprinkle with dill.
The cream cheese mixture will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.

4 comments:

Gretchen Noelle said...

I remember eating cucumber sandwiches as a little girl. Nothing fancy, bread, butter & cucumber. Thanks for bringing back a good memory!

J.L. Danger said...

I love cucumber sandwiches! They are always so good. One time I had a pink themed party, and I chopped up the cucumbers and used food coloring to make the sandwich insides pink. It was a hit.

Lori said...

These are so cute and I bet they taste so good!

Leslie said...

Ohhh yum..I loce cucumber sandwiches!

Related Posts with Thumbnails