Thursday, December 25, 2008

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

In less than 24 hours I will be picking up Nathan at the airport!!! After 8 1/2 long months I can't believe that I will finally get to see him! I am so excited and nervous. I can't wait to see him and to have him home. I am so excited for Anya. She misses him so much and is jumping out of her skin waiting for him to come home. Most of all, I am looking forward to Nathan meeting his son for the first time. Eric is such a ball of joy and I know Nathan has been waiting for this day for a very long time! Tomorrow will be filled with so much happiness!

I have some posts scheduled for while Nathan is here and I plan on checking in every once and a while, but mostly I will just be enjoying having my hubby here for 18 days!

Now... a little food, anyone?


What is it about zucchini that goes so well with chocolate? When I think of zucchini, my thoughts don't go to chocolate, or even dessert for that matter. But boy does it really work! This chocolate zucchini bread is absolutely fantastic. It is so moist and incredibly addicting. This didn't last long at my house and it will be made again and again and again!


Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Recipe from Allrecipes


2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.


In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and chocolate; beat well. Stir in the flour baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.


Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.

13 comments:

Gretchen Noelle said...

I agree that zucchini goes really well with chocolate! I hope that you enjoy time with your husband, the holidays are sure a special time to have him visit!

Megan said...

The best Christmas present is finally coming home! I am so excited for you!

Jolene said...

I am so excited for you that Nathan is coming home- Have a wonderful time

and yes that bread sounds yummy - maybe I can sneak some veggies into my men that way :)

Anonymous said...

I started crying when I realized its almost that time to see Nate! I am so excited for you and hope this is the best 18 days you will remember until Nate comes home for good. Enjoy every minute and thanks for all the great posts. I baked for Christmas for the first time and it was all wonderful: Martha Washingtons, Buckeyes, Quintuple Chocolate Brownnies, Cookiedough Cheesecake Bites and 2 Pumpkin Rolls- So good and everyone loved it. Now I start my diet.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with those you love, it sounds like it was a special one :)!

Shelby said...

I am so happy for you Cristine that Nathan is coming home SOON! Enjoy your time with him!

The zucchini bread is yummy! I have made that recipe myself and everyone just loves it! Sometimes I sub white chocolate chips for the chocolate chips (for Grumpy!)

J.L. Danger said...

Oh boy! Enjoy your time with your husband! How awesome.

Bunny said...

I bet you won't sleep at all Cristine! God bless your husband for the sacrifices he makes to serve his country, and God bless you and your children for keeping the home fires burning for your husband, it's not an easy life for you Cristine but you will be blessed for it.

Pamela said...

Cristine!! I'm so excited for you and your family. I can't begin to imagine the strength you have or how eager you must be to have Nathan home. Enjoy every last second you have together! Take care and have lots of fun!!

priscilla joy said...

have a great time with your WHOLE family Cristine! looking forward to seeing you posts soon!

Reeni said...

Your bread looks delicious! Enjoy your time together. Every moment is precious!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Awww, Christine, have a GREAT time with Nathan and the boys!! And thanks for thinking of us, with some posts to tide us over until you get "back". I love any kind of zucchini baked good; this chocolate zucchini bread looks amazing!
Nancy

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Oops, I meant "the children" when I said "the boys!!" sorry!!
Nancy

Related Posts with Thumbnails