Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Nathan & Butterscotch Blondies

I wanted to wish my wonderful husband a happy birthday! Today is his 29th birthday and I know he is a little bummed that he wasn't able to make it home in time. But, I promise we'll have a big birthday celebration when you get home, sweetie! Every year Nathan asks for a German Chocolate Cake but I found a new cake recipe I wanted to try and he is graciously letting me change tradition! Keep an eye out for that at the end of the month! :)

Now, since it is Nathan's birthday, I thought I would post one of Nathan's favorites. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES butterscotch blondies. I made these a few weeks ago and surprised him with them and a birthday package. He didn't think I was sending anything to Iraq since we had decided to wait to celebrate until he got home. But, I couldn't not send him anything. So, off went a package with a present and some goodies!

I love you, Nathan, and hope your birthday is as wonderful as it can be in Iraq! See you so soon!!!



Butterscotch Blondies

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 TBSP vanilla
2 eggs
11 oz butterscotch morsels

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs. Gradually add dry ingredients. Mix in 1 cup of morsels.

Spread into 9x13 pan and sprinkle with remaining morsels. Bake 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

13 comments:

The McBride Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE!!! We can't wait to see you!!! Hope you have a great day!!!!

Shelby said...

Happy birthday Nathan! You have an awesome wife! It is amazing to see how much your love your husband Cristine. It actually puts tears in my eyes!

priscilla joy said...

The blondies look soo good. I made some the other day and they were, um, really really bad. =) Happy b-day to your husband!

Dewi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NATHAN, and many many more years to come.

Blondies sound really good, and look delicious.
Cheers,
Elra

J.L. Danger said...

looks good- happy birthday to your husband!

Pamela said...

These look mighty tasty! I hope your hubby has happy a birthday as possible.

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday Nathan! And I'm so happy he gets to come home for R&R soon! Love ya!

Megan said...

Happy birthday to Nathan! And I can't believe he is coming home in 8 days - hooray for you both!

And you've got so much good stuff on your blog, I don't know where to begin. I've made Mexican Wedding Cakes for years but never thought to use chocolate chips instead of pecans. Duh! And snowballs is an appropriate name for them - I like that.

Everything looks so good - and butterscotch blondies are such a nice idea. But the orange butter cookies are going to be next on my list, which seems to be growing by the minute -

betty geek said...

What a lucky lad! Happy Birthday Nathan! :)

Cristine, my hubs requested a layered banana cake for his birthday next month. He is addicted to it. I wish I can send you some to try. xoxo

Jodi said...

I'm so glad you posted these. I'm looking for new recipes to send in my next package to my adopted soldier in Iraq and this looks perfect!

Bunny said...

I know it's getting close to the time Nathan gets home, I'm so excited for you!! Does Nathan read your blog??

Anonymous said...

Thank you my love for the Blondies they where gone in one sitting. I will definetly have to run an extra 4 miles tomorrow I couldn't help but washing them down with full cream milk. Oh I pray my metabolism doesn't slow down now. I love you and can't wait to hear your voice.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

We love blondies TOO! I can't wait to print this recipe out and give it a try! I have some butterscotch ganache that I bet would taste wonderful poured over the blondies.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Happy Birthday to your honey!
~ingrid

Related Posts with Thumbnails