Monday, December 22, 2008

TWD: No pudding... Rewind instead!

This week's recipe was Real Butterscotch Pudding. At the beginning of the month I had already decided not to make it. I don't drink and really didn't feel like going out and buying scotch. Then I read on the TWD questions thread that you could omit the scotch from the recipe. I considered it and was going to go ahead and make the pudding, but a few hours later I decided not to. My to do list is ridiculous right now (I'm currently in the process of making croissants so they are ready when Nathan comes home!) and I am not really in the mood for pudding. So... I will be sitting this week out. :(

But... I do at least have a TWD recipe for you! I have had this sitting in my draft folder for over a month now and I am so happy that I have a chance to post it! I had leftover homemade dulce de leche and needed to use it. I remembered seeing the recipe for Snickery Squares in the book and it sounded delicious!


Guess what??? It WAS! Well, I mean, of course it was. It is Dorie and this woman just doesn't seem to have many misses! A yummy shortbread crust, dulce de leche, peanuts, and chocolate make up this delicious dessert. I really enjoyed it!

Snickery Squares was chosen by Erin of Dinner & Dessert back in March and the recipe can be found at her blog. The pudding recipe for this week was chosen by Donna of Spatulas, Corkscrews, and Suitcases. Check out her blog for the recipe and don't forget to check out the blogroll to see all the pudding!!!

18 comments:

J.L. Danger said...

croissants?! Can I be there when he gets home too?

betty geek said...

Nathan is one lucky man. Tell him I said hi. And give me some of the croissants and these Snickery Squares. Overnight delivery, please.

Shelby said...

I can only imagine your excitement as I see your ticker this morning reads only 4 days! :)

I haven't made the snickery squares myself - I will have to make them sometime soon as I know that Grumpy will like them (he's a snickers man!)

Danielle said...

The squares are a gert sub for the pudding I think! I amde mine without the scotch and it came out great. Its worth a try when you have the time!

Prudy said...

4 days! Wow-that is so wonderful! I hope you enjoy every minute of this season and with thos snickery squares and your husband at home, how could you not? Merry Christmas!

Maria said...

I am glad you made these! They look amazing!! I bet you are so excited!! I am excited for you:)

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Oh, Christine, it sounds like you are headed for a great Christmas holiday! Enjoy it all, including those croissants!!

Great job on the rewind; seems like the Snickery Squares were a huge hit with all the TWD'ers. I'll make it at some future rewind, for sure.

Merry Christmas!
Nancy

Sara said...

These look great, I've had my eye on this recipe in the book for a long time!

Bunny said...

now these look good, your forgiven for not posting pudding, I think I like this better!! You must be beside yourself with excitment with only 4 days left!!!! Hang on girl, it's almost here!!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I loved this recipe. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Carol Peterman/TableFare said...

What better way to pass the last few countdown days than with lots of baking? The Snickery Squares were before my TWD time and I'm now inspired to get to them, they look so good! I am sure the holidays pale in comparison to your husband returning, so have a wonderful reunion.

Unknown said...

You go, girl! Homemade dulce de leche. How wonderful. I usually just buy mine. I know, such a disgrace to my heritage! I am so happy that your man is almost home. I always get so excited and beside myself when mine gets to come back home! Have a wonderful holiday with your family.

Anonymous said...

I missed this recipe, and I keep telling myself to try it! They look so good!

Reeni said...

Those squares look delicious! Croissants, yummy!

Lauren said...

Wow, you have all these treats ready and waiting. Nathan is one lucky man! I can't wait to try the rewind Snickery Squares. It looks so yummy. Happy Holiday.

Flourchild said...

I made these a while back and I was not sorry! Yours look wonderful.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

That does look yummy! Can you believe I've never eaten a snickers bar? Weird, huh?!

It's getting closer! Are you a nervous wreck? I'm so excited for you and your little ones!
~ingrid

Anonymous said...

These look great! I'm glad you liked them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails