Sunday, December 7, 2008

Egg Nog Bread (or muffins!)

I think I made my love for egg nog clear with the egg nog cookies, but just in case you were wondering if I actually love it, here is another wonderful recipe! I usually make this into a loaf, but was in the mood for minis! So, here are my egg nog mini muffins! They are moist and delicious and full of yummy egg nog flavor!

Oh, and I'll soon be trying my hand at homemade egg nog! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Egg Nog Bread

2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups egg nog
2 tsp rum extract
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom of loaf pan.

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, egg nog, rum extract, and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients; add to wet and stir just until moistened.

Pour into prepared pan. Bake about 50 minutes or until toothpick insterted in center comes out clean.

Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.

8 comments:

Shelby said...

Mini eggnog muffins sound awesome! I can't wait to see how your homemade eggnog turns out!

Jolene said...

Those actually sound good! I'm NOT an egg nog fan - can't get past the drinking raw eggs thing - but I would be willing to try those :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Oh yum! That sounds wonderful!

Maria said...

My dad and brother would love these. I will have to make them at Christmas!

Hayley said...

Ha ha, this blogging world is very small, today I was looking around random blogs on blogger and found the eat my cupcakes blog and saw that you had commented there LOL.

My apple butter came out great wonderful recipe! However I should have chilled with the sugar. Note to self Lol

priscilla joy said...

mm, these look so delicous. i don't really like egg nog but i'd love to try these. i am bookmarking this one!

Brad and Erica said...

Hey, Cristine! I made your eggnog cookies a while ago and LOVED them. Mmmm eggnog! I was going to send some of the cookies to Brad (as he is also a big fan of eggnog), but then I saw this recipe. What do you think... will cookies or mini muffins be better to send to Iraq? I am thinking that the cookies might send better, but you have more experience than I do. And, tell me again how you do the apple peels to keep the stuff fresh. Anyway, I'll send you an email soon. I miss you guys!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

YUM! I love eggnog too!!! I find though that most desserts that claim to be "eggnog" have only a faint taste of it.

Good luck with your homemade eggnog.

Btw, you have a wonderful blog filled with yummy recipes and lots of great photos! I browsed through it some and will definitely be back!
~ingrid

Related Posts with Thumbnails