Friday, November 21, 2008

We have a date!!!!!!!

Throughout the course of this blog you have seen pictures of me and pictures of my kids. I have talked about my husband, but let me formally introduce you to my best friend and the love of my life - Nathan.


Nathan is in the ARMY and is currently on a 15 month deployment in Iraq. He has been gone for 7 1/2 months and I miss him like crazy!!! We have known for a while that he would be getting R&R at the end of the year, but we finally have a date!!! Nathan will be leaving Iraq on Christmas and should be here in Germany a few days later. WOO HOO!!!! We will be waiting until Nathan gets home to do Christmas and I can't think of a better gift than for him to be home with us!


I cannot wait to see my husband and for him to see his little girl (who, shocker, has this big man wrapped around her little finger!!!) and for him to finally meet his son!!!

Just had to share the wonderful news!!!! 36 days (give or take a few) to go.......



10 comments:

The McBride Family said...

YAY Nate is coming HOME!!! WOO HOO!!!! Love the picture! :) I'm so excited for you and for the kids! :)

Megan said...

Wow - I missed all the excitement - but let me cover the last 3 posts here:

1. I am so glad Eric is doing better. Nothing scarier than when they are sick and you don't know what's wrong. And trips to the hospital are never fun.

2. Pumpkin chocolate chip? Girl, you are killing me. Now I will have to make them. No, really I will.

3. I didn't realize that you were in Germany! How fun, exciting, but obviously you miss your husband!!

4. Yay your husband is coming back! Hooray and break out the champagne!
It's going to be a wonderful Christmas! You should put a little countdown on your blog - that would be really cute, and help the rest of us remember the date he is returning.

Shelby said...

I am SO HAPPY for you and Nathan AND the kids! :)

Emily Rose said...

I'm so happy for you! I bet he cannot wait to see his new little boy! How wonderful!

Meg said...

What great news! I am so excited for you all!

Susan said...

I am so happy for you all. God Bless!

Pamela said...

Christine! I've been behind on my reader and just started getting caught up. I'm so excited for you that you will be able to celebrate Christmas and have your husband in your arms SOON! How exciting for your whole family.

And I'm also glad to learn that Eric is doing better. I can only imagine how scary that was for you and him. Hope he is continuing to feel better
Hang in there!!

Millers! said...

YEAH, so so excited for you.. that is a wonderful Christmas gift... I forgot that he has never met Eric, that will be an awesome reunion. Love ya!

Bridget said...

That is so great! What a gift! My brother-in-law was on r & r around this time last year.

Please tell you husband "thank you" for his service...and thank you to you, too! It is a HUGE sacrifice for the whole family.

betty geek said...

Awww, Nathan is so handsome! Thanks for sharing the pics! ;) He's one lucky man to have a wonderful wife like you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails