Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Basil Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta


I can't remember where or when I found this recipe, but I know that I have been making it (and loving it!) for years. It is such a simple dinner, but it is so good! Kids love it, too. I remember my daughter inhaling this as one of her first meals when she started eating table foods. Come to think of it, she still inhales it now!

Basil Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta

2 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
3 TBSP dried basil or 1/4 cup fresh
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp Tabasco
1/2 box angel hair pasta, cooked
Parmesan, to taste

Saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, chicken, basil, salt, and Tabasco. Simmer 5 minutes. Spoon over pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan.

6 comments:

Bunny said...

It's no wonder your little one inhaled it , it sounds great! I'm always on the hunt for chicken recipes...thanks!

Maria said...

I love angel hair pasta!! Looks like a delicious meal!

Anonymous said...

Simple and tasty? That gets a big star in my book, and an A for being kid-friendly too :).

Brad and Erica said...

Mmmm... this one was a winner! I meant to steal some from Monica's house tonight, but I forgot. Thanks for feeding me so well!

Hayley said...

I think I might do this one for dinner tomorrow! Looks yummy!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

looks delicious and angel hair pasta is one of my favorite.

Related Posts with Thumbnails