Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chocolate and Cinnamon Chippers & Some Questions!

Have you tried cinnamon chips yet? They are delicious but also a pain in the butt to get ahold of - especially for me! I have my mom send me some when she finds them, but it isn't a piece of cake to get them in Phoenix, either! Luckily, the Ramstein commissary had some a few months back and I grabbed 4 bags. Yes, in hindsight I realize I should've grabbed 40! :)

I found this cookie recipe at Picky Palate and thought it would be a great way to use some of my cinnamon chips. I'm glad I did because these cookies were delicious! If you have cinnamon chips, make these. I promise it is a good use for those hard to find chips!

Chocolate and Cinnamon Chippers

2 sticks butter
1 Cup brown sugar
½ Cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
1 Cup cinnamon chips
1 ½ Cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla slowly until well combined. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet mixture along with the chips until just combined. Scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes or until cooked through to your liking. Cool on cooling rack and serve.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for a fun little questionnaire. It is 15 questions about the last 10 people who commented on my blog. Honey from The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch did it and I was one of the last 10 on her blog, so now it is my turn. 5 of my 10 aren't food bloggers, but they are good friends and I love all comments, so I wanted to include them in this. As for the 5 food blogs that are on this list - check them out! They are AWESOME!

1. Bunny of Bunny's Warm Oven
2. Maria of Two Peas and Their Pod
3. Honey of The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch
4. Megan of My Baking Adventures
5. Erica
6. Janelle
7. Cari
8. Monica
9. Lisa of Jersey Girl Cooks
10. Hayley

1: What is your favorite post from number 3’s blog?
Okay, well this may seem silly picking the most recent post, but it cracked me up! She was talking about how she was making her hubby think that she was making something for dinner that he didn't want when she was actually making meat and potatoes for him. She is a MUCH better writer than I am. You can read her telling the story here.

2. Has number 10 taken any pictures that have moved you?
The pics of her kids are really cute! I like how she keeps up with it all.

3. Does number 6 reply to comments on their blog?
She sure does... well, I know she responds to me! :)

4. Which part of blogland is number 2 from?
Utah.

5. If you could give one piece of advice to number 7 what would it be?
Cari is a friend of mine from an online forum. She has a little baby girl and I would just say enjoy every second because, as cliche as it sounds, they grow way too fast.

6. Have you ever tried something from number 9’s blog?
Not yet, but I'm eyeing this Peanut Caramel Spiced Apple Cake. YUM!

7. Has number 1 blogged something that inspired you?
Bunny's entire blog is an inspiration! Her posts are wonderful and her recipes are, too!

8. How often do you comment on number 4’s blog?
Probably not as much as I should, but I have started posting more. :)

9. Do you wait for number 8 to post excitedly?
YES! I love seeing new pics of her kids even though I see them in person just about every day!

10. How did number 5’s blog change your life?
Um... now I have someone to take pics of my kids! Just kidding! Erica is an amazing photographer, writer, and friend. Her blog makes me want to be better at keeping track of the things my kids do!

11. Do you know any of the 10 bloggers in person?
Yes. Janelle, Monica, and Erica!

12. Do any of your 10 bloggers know each other in person?
Everyone from question 11!

13. Out of the 10, which updates more frequently?
Every one of the food bloggers on my list update almost every day, but at least a few times a week. This makes me one happy lady because that means more recipes to try!

14. Which of the 10 keep you laughing?
Honey cracks me up on a regular basis. So do Monica and Erica, but mostly because the kids are hilarious! (No offense, guys... You're funny, too!)

15. Which of the 10 has made you cry (good or bad tears)?
I can't think of one that has, but if there is one, it would have to be Monica's. I'm sure that at some point she has made me cry! :)

8 comments:

The McBride Family said...

I hope I made you cry good tears and not bad!! :) Love you Cristine!

Megan said...

Our local Winco is carring the cinnamon chips for the holidays. I'll have to pick up a bag and try these. Love chocolate and cinnamon together. :)

The Grows said...

MMMMMM those were some good cookies. I can't wait to see what I get to eat tomorrow. Have I ever mentioned how much I love being your friend!!!!!

Bridget said...

I love those cinnamon chips...and they ARE hard to find! King Arthur has an AMAZING recipe for cinnamon bread...seriously, it is the best. I can't make it anymore because I will devour the whole loaf in one day! :)

priscilla joy said...

those cookies look soooo good! your pictures are great cristine!

Shelby said...

lol, I am glad I crack you up. ;) My aunt tells me its the Whitton Blood running through my veins. I think we are all goofy. lol

Emily Rose said...

I really have to get some cinnamon chips- they seem to be everywhere on the blogs- I can't believe I haven't tried them out yet!!

Snooky doodle said...

yummy these look delicious :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails