Sunday, November 16, 2008

TWD: Rice Pudding

The selection for this week was Arborio Rice Pudding. Before making it, I was pretty sure that I didn't like rice pudding. But, I cut the recipe in half and decided to give it a go anyway. Hey, that's what TWD is about, right? Making me come out of my shell and make things that I normally wouldn't.

Well.... as I expected, I do not like rice pudding. But, at least it was a recipe that didn't waste much. I only had to use 1/4 cup of rice and a little over a cup of milk. No harm, no foul.

You can get the recipe at Les Gourmandises d'Isa (thanks for hosting this week!). If you like rice pudding, check out the blogroll. I'm sure that the many talented TWDers came up with some great pudding!

17 comments:

Jules Someone said...

I couldn't get myself to try it. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

At least you tried it!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Gotta love the half-recipe option - I've resorted to it too! Sorry you didn't love it, but hey, you never know until you try, right?
Nancy

Jin Hooi said...

I don't like it either .. but .. hey, at least we try

Pamela said...

Yep...at least you tried it. It wasn't bad, but it's definitely not something that I want to waste my calories on!

Jamie said...

I do not like rice pudding either, but hey, at least we tried! :)

Megan said...

I made a half recipe too - I actually like rice pudding, but mine totally flopped. Oh well. On to the chocolate covered cheesecake bites!!

Flourchild said...

Ya it was not the greatest..but Im glad I made it.

Emily Rose said...

I'm not a rice pudding fan either- at least yours looks nice- mine was like rice soup! I must have made a fatal error along the way!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for giving it a whirl!

AmyRuth said...

I love that you tried it too. Awesome. Have to admit it tasted so much better after the overnight in the frig. You were so smart to portion the recipe. Very resourceful. Thanks so much for stopping by and we'll see ya next week.
AmyRuth

Engineer Baker said...

Haha, I did the same thing. Halved the recipe, wasn't a huge fan, but at least it wasn't a big investment in time or ingredients!

Tammy said...

oh, that's a shame yuo didnt like it. it looks yummy!

Linda said...

kudos to you for trying the recipe out! Based on the photo, it looks like your pudding turned out perfectly.

Anonymous said...

hrm... i might have to make my mommas rice pudding when you're here and see whatcha think... i love it!! miss you!

The Grows said...

To bad you didn't like it. I make rice pudding all the time cause I love it.

Shelby said...

Life got busy and I got behind in my reading!

;) you are definitely coming out of your shell!

Related Posts with Thumbnails