Saturday, November 1, 2008

Chicken Cordon Bleu in a Creamy Wine Sauce

It's been a while since I have posted a dinner recipe. It seems like I have an endless supply of baked goods and desserts, but dinner is another story. Don't get me wrong, I do cook dinner! But with a deployed husband and only me and a 3 year old, leftovers last a while. Plus, Monica, Erica, Britteny, and I all trade off on making dinners, so I usually end up only making dinner once or twice a week.

Chicken cordon bleu is one of my all time favorite meals and this recipe is AMAZING!!! It is always a hit when I make it for company. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do!

Chicken Cordon Bleu in a Creamy Wine Sauce


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 slices ham
4 slices swiss cheese
3 TBSP flour
1 tsp paprika
6 TBSP butter
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1 TBSP cornstarch
1 cup cream

Pound out chicken and place ham and swiss on top. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Mix flour and paprika; coat chicken.

Heat butter in skillet and cook chicken until browned. Add wine and bouillon. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

Remove toothpicks and transfer chicken to a plate. Keep warm.

Blend cornstarch with cream and whisk into skillet. Cook until thickened. Pour over chicken.

*Gravy is also great on mashed potatoes!

5 comments:

Shelby said...

Christine, that last photo is really great, looks delicious! I know the feeling of not having enough people to eat what you want to cook. Now that my youngest is moved out, I have leftover that won't be eaten. I only cook a few meals a week and then hope Grumpy is home from work in time to eat them (he gets home quite late often). Too bad we weren't closer, we could share our dinners! :)

Cristine said...

I'd love to have you over for dinner (or vice versa) any time!!!

Anonymous said...

This receipe is one of my all time FAVORITES! I have been with Cristine for the best part of my life now and she always amazes me with her skill. But this one is definetly one of my top three pics. If you want to make someone really pleased this is the meal to make. I love you Babe. Nathan

priscilla joy said...

this looks so delicious cristine! yummy!

Cindy Howard said...

Be still my heart. (I am one of Britteny's friends) I used to work at a restraunt that made this, but has been closed a long time. I covet this dish, but never thought to google it. When I saw it on your blog, I was giddy! I am trying it. p.s. Is dry white wine different than cooking wine?

Related Posts with Thumbnails