Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites

I mentioned my Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites earlier in the week and a few people expressed interest in the recipe. Unfortunately I do not have a picture because, well, I never took pictures of my food prior to starting this blog! :) I wanted to post this recipe now so those who wanted to make them for the holidays could. Just picture in your mind tiny squares of cheesecake dipped in chocolate - almost like little cheesecake petit fours. YUM!!!

I do want to warn you, though. If you have no self control (like myself!), make sure you have someone to share these with. Trust me. If you don't, you will find yourself sneaking back to the fridge for more and next thing you know the whole batch will be gone. It will be worth it, but you may need to spend a little more time at the gym!

Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites

Crust:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup butter, melted

Filling:
16 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp orange zest
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla

Coating:
24 oz semisweet chocolate
3 TBSP shortening

Line 8" square pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.

In a small bowl, combine all crust ingredients; mix well. Press into bottom of prepared pan.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour filling over crust.

Bake at 300 for 40-45 minutes or until edges are set. Center will be soft. Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours; then freeze for 2 hours. Cut into 48 pieces.

Melt chocolate and shortening. Cool for 2-3 minutes. Dip cheesecake bites; set on wax paper. Let stand for 20 minutes.

Store in refrigerator.

*Note: I find it easier to pull only a couple bites out of the freezer at a time while dipping. It makes dipping easier if they are still frozen.

5 comments:

Maria said...

I don't care if there is no picture. I am sure these are delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Cathy said...

These look amazing. I have no self control either, and I'm sure I won't around these! I STILL need to remind myself to take a picture of my food -- it's really a learned habit. Thirty five years of NOT photographing my food is kind of a hard habit to break!

Brad and Erica said...

Don't worry -- you can just make a half batch, and then it will be ok if you eat all of it! :-) I don't know if Monica told you, but they added a flight to McChord tomorrow and I am going to try to catch it. If I don't see you before I leave, have a Merry Christmas! (Although I am pretty sure I will call you before Christmas...) Anyway, I am going to miss hanging out with you guys. I will also miss your cooking, but mostly hanging out with you. Keep the posts coming so I can pretend I am there!

priscilla joy said...

these sound so good! i love little bites of anything...yummy!

The McBride Family said...

i don't believe in self control with these bites of heaven!! ha ha so lame but so true!

Related Posts with Thumbnails