Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pumpkin Oatmeal with Craisins and Pecans

This oatmeal is to die for!!! It was like having a piece of pumpkin pie for breakfast! It was so delicious!

Also, I wanted to give fair warning... there will be a lot of pumpkin recipes over the next couple of weeks. So, if you love pumpkin and all things pumpkin, tune in. If not, well, I hope you'll still visit! :)

Pumpkin Oatmeal with Craisins and Pecans
Recipe from Dinners for a Year and Beyond

1 cup milk
Dash of salt
½ cup old-fashioned oats
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup canned pumpkin
1 tablespoon Craisins
1 tablespoon chopped pecans
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon butter

Bring milk and salt to a boil. Stir in the oats. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add the cinnamon and pumpkin and cook and additional 2 – 3 minutes. To serve, top oatmeal with dried cranberries, pecans, brown sugar, and butter.

*I added the brown sugar in with the pumpkin instead of on top. I also omitted the butter.*




6 comments:

amycaseycooks said...

Glad you liked the recipe. I was thinking of making some for breakfast this morning!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Megan said...

Wow - that sounds like a terrific combination. I love everything pumpkin so I'll be keeping an eye out for recipes!

Anonymous said...

this sounds great for breakfast. I miss old-fashioned oat meal and the addition of pumpkin sounds great!

Dragon said...

I would love to have this for breakfast. YUM!

Shelby said...

Hi Cristine. I wasn't around to answer your question the other day - but I see you found the answer yourself :)

The pumpkin oatmeal looks delish!

Brad and Erica said...

I made this the other morning, and it was great! The recipe came just in time, too. I was really wanting oatmeal and was wandering around my kitchen trying to figure out what to put in it when I looked at your blog. Thanks again, Cristine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails