Sunday, November 2, 2008

Zucchini, Cranberry, Walnut, and White Chocolate Cookies

I made these cookies about 3 weeks ago and have just not had the opportunity to post them. They were so delicious! And by delicious I mean AMAZING! And by amazing I mean OUT OF THIS WORLD! If you couldn't tell, I really loved these cookies! Plus, they have zucchini in them, so they must be healthy, right?

On a seperate note... HAPPY 28th BIRTHDAY to my sister, Stefanie! I hope you have a wonderful day! Treat yourself to some goodies and I'll make you some when I see you in February! I love you!



Zucchini, Cranberry, Walnut, and White Chocolate Cookies
Recipe from Cookie Madness


4 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup grated zucchini
1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt plus an extra pinch**
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup white chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream butter and sugar until light; Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in zucchini.


Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add to zucchini mixture and stir until almost mixed in. Stir in nuts, cranberries, and coconut.


Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 18 minutes, and transfer to a rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.


**If you use salted butter or margarine, use only 1/2 teaspoon of salt. If you use unsalted butter, use ½ teaspoon salt plus a generous pinch (1/8 teaspoon).

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I never seen a zucchini cookie. I love zucchini bread. I must give these a try!

Jacque said...

Oh, I'll bet they ARE good! Zucchini is wonderful in baked goods.

I'm saving this recipe.

Maria said...

I love the looks of this one!! Cranberries are my favorite!

Emily Rose said...

yum these sound great! good way to sneak veggies into something sweet!!

Anonymous said...

They certainly sound out of this world! I'd love to try zucchini in cookies :).

Related Posts with Thumbnails