Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Oh yes, another pumpkin muffin! And if you are sick of them, then you might not like to hear that I have another muffin in my draft folder. It's true... I love muffins! And, well, pumpkin muffins are divine!

These muffins were delicious and I loved the hint of spice coming from the cardamom. The cream cheese got a little lost in the struesel topping, so next time I will put it in the middle of the muffin instead of swirling it on top.

Overall, these muffins were fantastic and are worth trying!

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Recipe from Mommy? I'm Hungry!

Muffins:

3 cups flour

4tsp pumpkin pie spice

Pinch of cardamom

1 tsp salt

1 tsp soda

4 eggs

2 cups sugar

2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin

1 ¼ cups vegetable oil

Cream Cheese Filling:
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Crumb Topping:
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted


Preheat oven to 350. To make the cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.

Make the crumb topping: In a medium bowl, combine the flour with the brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the melted butter, then pinch the mixture until it forms pea-size clumps. Set aside.

Mix muffin ingredients together except cream cheese filling. Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) 3/4 full. Put 1-2 tsp cream cheese filling in each muffin and lightly swirl. Top with 1 generous tablespoon of topping.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. Makes 24 muffins.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh, if I could only have one for when I am done with my workout this morning! :)

Maria said...

I posted pumpkin muffins today too! I know some people are sick of pumpkin but I really am not. Try out my muffins, they are wonderful...and I am sure yours are too! They are on my baking list!! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails