Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

No recipe today as I'm sure that everyone is pigging out and has no need for anything new today! :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for and I hope that we can all take a moment today to reflect on the many blessings in our lives.

I am incredibly grateful to my husband for all he does for our family and our country. I am thankful to have two beautiful children who challenge me every day to be a better person. I am blessed to have a wonderful second family here in Germany who I know I can count on no matter what. I also have great friends and family in the states who write and call me often and remind me that I am loved.

A friend of mine recently posted a blog about what she was thankful for and it was a list of things most of us wouldn't think of. She was saying things like being thankful for dirty dishes because it means you have food to eat or thankful for laundry because it means you have clothes on your back. These are things that I don't normally think of and I was reminded to be thankful for the little things in life, too.

Finally, I am incredibly thankful that you all stop by here and read my posts and leave comments. I am so glad to be a part of this wonderful blogging community!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy all the great food!

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Cristine!

Megan said...

Have a great Thanksgiving - and I can't wait to see what you baking for the holidays!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving we will be thinking of you and your family today as we are so thankful for the sacrifice you and Nathan make for our country. We love you guys.

Reeni said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Brad and Erica said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We miss you guys! I'll send you an email soon, but we are having a great time here. We miss our friends though. Thanks for all your great posts!

Pamela said...

What a nice post! Congrats on your well deserved awards. Hope your Thanksgiving was nice, though I know you are waiting to celebrate until the hubs gets home. :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails