Thursday, November 20, 2008

No recipe today...

Last night I had to rush my baby boy (5 1/2 months) to the hospital. I put him to bed at 7pm and he woke up at 830 pm coughing and crying. I didn't realize it was him coughing at first; it sounded like my neighbors' dogs. I ran into his room and realized that he couldn't get a deep breath. I called an ambulance and my friend, Monica (BLESS YOUR HEART! I LOVE YOU!) ran over and got my daughter. The ambulance took us to the nearest German hospital and they gave him steroids to open his airways. No worries; he never actually stopped breathing, but it was so scary!!! After they gave him the steroids, we were taken to the children's hospital about 20 minutes away. They told me he had croup (inflammation of the upper airway). Two friends came to the hospital that night and one (Yaelmie, I can NEVER repay you!) stayed with me all night.

I was able to bring him home this afternoon but I am watching him carefully to make sure the cough doesn't come back. The doctor gave me steroids just in case, but I am hoping it doesn't come to that. And I would be crazy not to say a BIG thank you to Britteny for picking up a humidifier for Eric. I don't know what I would do without my friends. They have become my family over here and I am so grateful for all they do for me!

Eric was and is such a trooper. He was laughing and smiling at the hospital and even played for a little bit today when we got home. I am so proud of how amazing he is!

Please keep Eric in your thoughts and prayers. I hope my little boy gets better soon.

Recipes to come once we get rolling again here.....

10 comments:

sarah said...

love n hugs - thoughts n prayers - take care of yourself along with your little ones!!

Engineer Baker said...

Oh no! I hope your baby boy gets better soon - that's scary!

Susan said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little one- Aren't the little ones amazing...they really are troopers...and they hardly complain! Hugs......

The Food Librarian said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. Your are blessed to have such great friends too - they know you'll do the same for them too. Hope he is better soon!

Cari said...

Aww! I hope he gets better soon!

Shelby said...

Oh, it is so hard when our babies are sick. Even when they are all grown up. We hate to see them suffer. I'm glad he is home now and I hope that the rough time is over with!

Hayley said...

We are thinking about you. I hope he feels better soon.

The McBride Family said...

I'm so glad he is okay Cristine! We love you guys! See you in about a half an hour! :)

Jin Hooi said...

awww.. hope he gets better soon .. u too , take care of urself .. don't be too worry ;-)

The Mortensens said...

I'm glad little Eric is doing better. Your post brought tears to my eyes. It's a good thing you have such great friends. What a blessing! I'll be sure to keep Eric and you in my prayers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails