Monday, October 20, 2008

TWD: Pumpkin Muffins


It's no secret that I love muffins, so the TWD pick this week was right up my alley. Kelly of Sounding My Barbaric Gulp picked Pumpkin Muffins and I was excited to try them.

The muffins turned out great. The pumpkin flavor wasn't overwhelming and I loved the mix-ins. I followed the recipe exactly which called for golden raisins and nuts (I used walnuts). The muffins were also topped with sunflower seeds which was interesting and added extra crunch.

I will definately make these muffins again! Dorie continues to do it week after week! I know I shouldn't be shocked anymore by this, but it is wonderful to have a cookbook with so many delicious recipes that actually turn out!

Check out the TWD blogroll to see what everyone else did. I'm sure there will be lots of interesting variations as this group is full of amazingly creative bakers! Also, check out Kelly's blog for the recipe!



10 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I'm glad these were such a winner, they look quite tasty. I went with pecans, but I bet walnuts would have been wonderful in these as well.

Shelby said...

I loved these too. I didn't have golden raisins (have since bought some though!)

Love the new little photo of your little ones! They are adorable!

Anonymous said...

the pumpkin taste was really subtle, wasn't it? which is both good and bad, in my opinion. your photos are great...

betty geek said...

Wow, look at that crumbly muffin tops with seeds! Sssshhh, don't tell anyone, but yours look better than Dorie's! :) Fab job!

priscilla joy said...

oh yummy those look wonderful! anything pumpkin (except pumpkin pie) is game for me!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Your by-the-book muffins look perfect! Glad they were a hit.
Nancy

CB said...

Isn't it great to have a cookbook that you can rely on? I love it too! Glad you enjoyed the muffins!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Prudy said...

I so agree. A reliable cookbook is worth its weight in gold. They look delicious!

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Those Pumpkin Muffins look delicious - they are so cute sitting on top of the pumpkin. I'm also going to make them again - next weekend for breakfast, when I have a friend visiting.

Pamela said...

Sounds like they were a success! Try them with chocolate sometime...Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails