Thursday, October 9, 2008

Crockpot Cheesy Penne & Cheesy Garlic Flatbread

I love delicious meals that are easy peasy, and this is one of those meals! I probably make the penne at least once a month, sometimes twice. I know that may not sound like a lot, but I tend to not make the same meal more than once a month, so the fact that this is on my menu so often says something! The bread is my favorite and I make it as often as I can. I love eating it warm out of the oven or cold out of the fridge the next day. I always end up putting more cheese on it, but I love cheese!!!

Crockpot Cheesy Penne
1 lb sweet Italian sausage
15 oz tomato sauce
14 oz diced tomatoes
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp sugar
3/4 lb penne
1 cup mozzarella
Parmesan
Cook sausage in pan until brown and crumbly. Place in crock-pot. Add remaining ingredients, minus penne and cheese. Stir well. Cook low for 7-8 hours or on high 4-6 hours. Cook penne 4-5 minutes less than box calls for. Add penne to crockpot. Top with cheese. Cook until pasta is tender and cheese is melted (20-30 minutes). Serve with parmesan.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheesy Garlic Flat Bread
Bread:
1 1/4 cups warm water
3 1/2 cups AP flour
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp yeast
Topping:
2 TBSP butter, melted
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/4 cup parmesan
Layer bread ingredients in bread machine; select dough cycle. When dough is finished, spread on baking stone or cookie sheet sprayed with PAM and sprinkled with cornmeal. Brush dough with butter; sprinkle with garlic salt and cheeses. Cover and let rest 45 minutes. Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Hi Christine! I'm a lot like you in that I don't make the same thing often, but when I do its because we LOVED it! I like to try too many new and different things! :)

Your pasta and bread looks really yummy and cheesy!

Adventures in Gluttony said...

As a busy mom, don't you just LOVE crockpots?! My daughter loves any type of noodle with tomatoe sauce. I will definitely have to try this one out. And the flatbread sounds to die for! I'm always looking for recipes that I can use in my bread machine.

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Easy peasy is my kinda cookin'! I'll be making this meal next week. I look at your blog every week when I make my menu to see what I can find. You are amazing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails