Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nutella and Peanut Butter Scones

It's no secret that I have fallen in love with scones. Now add Nutella to that and I'm in heaven! These scones were really good... just make sure to have a big glass of milk nearby! Mmmmm...

And now I need to go to the commissary and get more Nutella. This week has cleared my stash completely out!!!


Peanut Butter and Nutella Swirled Scones

Recipe from Baking Bites

1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
5-6 tbsp light cream (half and half or milk is fine)
Peanut butter
Nutella


Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a medium or large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add butter and toss to coat. Using your finger tips, rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles very coarse sand. A few large bits, about pea sized, are fine.

Add 5 tablespoons of cream and stir with a fork until dough comes together. If the mixture does not form a ball, add remaining tablespoon of cream.

Divide dough in 6 pieces and roll each into a ball. Gently flatten onto the baking sheet. Dip your fork in nutella and poke a shallow swirl into the top of 3 of the scones. Repeat with peanut butter and remaining scones. Most of the peanut butter and nutella should be on the surface of the scones, but using the fork to create some small holes will prevent anything from running off the scone.

Bake for 15 minutes, until scones are a light gold color.

9 comments:

Vera said...

Cristine, what a great idea for the scones! Nothing beats Nutella!

priscilla joy said...

oh wow, this looks so good! i love scones!

The Grows said...

I have never been a huge fan of Nutella before it was always just okay. But you might just change my mind!

Pamela said...

You are the Nutella Queen!! These look incredibly tasty. Stop by my blog soon. I have a post coming up with an award for you!

Big Boys Oven said...

looks delicious, I will ove it! peanut and nutella works so well!

Emily Rose said...

this look insanely good! i'm going to have to try these out!

Shelby said...

I am going to have to try this as soon as I go get some more nutella! Looks delicious!

Bridget said...

Oh, wow! These sounds so yummy! I *heart* Nutella!!!

Adventures in Gluttony said...

My mom LOVES scones. This looks like an amazing combination! It looks pretty easy too. I'll definitely have to give this a try.

Related Posts with Thumbnails