Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nutella French Toast

Breakfast seriously doesn't get any better than this! Sure, it's over the top decadence, but what's wrong with that? I found this recipe at My Melange and I knew that I had to try it. It was amazing! If you love Nutella, try this! You won't be disappointed!


Nutella French Toast

12 slices white bread or brioche
Nutella
5 eggs
2 1/4 cups milk
1 tsp cinnamon
splash of Grand Marnier
zest and juice of 1 orange
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
powdered sugar
butter

Make the batter. Whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, Grand Marnier, zest, juice, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Spread equal amounts of Nutella on 6 slices of bread. Put another slice of bread on top, making a Nutella sandwich.

Heat griddle or pan on medium heat, melt butter in pan

Place each Nutella sandwich, one at a time, in the batter. Soak and turn to coat, but not for too long (you don't want them soggy). Place each sandwich on the pan and cook until golden brown on each side. Cut each sandwich in half, diagonally. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.

8 comments:

Shelby said...

I love nutella and this really appeals to me!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Heaven, I'm in nutella heaven....

Emily Rose said...

wow this looks amazing! This would be great for a Saturday morning breakfast/brunch- nothing like incorporating chocolate into breakfast!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to wake up to this! Only thing is, I wouldn't know if I were still dreaming! :P

priscilla joy said...

wow, nutella french toast?!?! yummy! looks delicious!

Megan said...

Got an extra fork? And maybe a glass of milk, too?

Maria said...

What a great way to start the day!

Adventures in Gluttony said...

I was stunned when I saw this. French toast is my favorite breakfast food of all time. I never thought of putting my two favorite things together. You're amazing and I don't think there are words to describe how good this looks!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails