Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Penne (and my two pumpkins!)

Fall is here! Okay, so it has been here for a while now, but that's not the point! :) I love fall in Germany. Being from Phoenix, Arizona means that I never really experienced fall. I have been here in Germany now for 6 years and I am still in awe at the beauty that surrounds me!

My good friend Erica took some pictures of my kiddos the other day and I couldn't NOT share. For those of you reading from my area, Erica is starting a photography business. If you need info, let me know! She is awesome!!!!!

Anya
Eric
My Cutie Pies


I am posting a fall recipe to go along with the fall photos. This pumpkin penne recipe comes from Racheal Ray. It was so delicious! The one thing I changed, though, was not adding the pasta water to the sauce. Most recipes I have tried from her have always been too runny so I knew in advance to leave the extra water out.
Enjoy!!!!

Pumpkin Penne
1 pound penne pasta
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
Salt and pepper
One 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley

In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water.

In the same pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the onion and season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in the pumpkin and heavy cream and bring to a boil. Return the pasta to the pot along with the reserved pasta cooking water and toss. Stir in the parmesan; season with salt and pepper.

Top the pasta with the parsley and more parmesan.












9 comments:

Millers! said...

goodness gracious they are cute!

Shelby said...

Your pasta sounds delicious and your kiddies are adorable! Enjoy them NOW. Life sometimes gets rough when they get older as I am sadly experiencing right now.

Hayley said...

I love those pictures! I am also going to try this recipe looks yummy!

Jolene said...

I love your pumpkins - and I can't wait to try the pasta - I am a huge pumpkin fan! Thank you so much for sharing

betty geek said...

I want some of that pasta! WOW. Are your kids super models? They are indeed cutie pies!

Adventures in Gluttony said...

Oooohhhh...what a great recipe. Just goes to show you that you can make anything PUMPKIN!

Those are some great pics! Your kiddies are so cute!!! I love the pic where Eric is smiling.

priscilla joy said...

your kids are sooo cute! what great pics!

Pamela said...

Just popping in to say that your kids are so sweet and GORGEOUS!

Maggie said...

Your kids are beautiful! The pasta sounds wonderful as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails