Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chocolate Chip Apple Nutella Muffins

It's officially Nutella week. Okay, well it's not an official holiday week or anything -just something I wanted to do. Who knows... maybe it will become something bigger!

I am beyond obsessed with Nutella. I always have a jar of it in the house. I don't know if that's a good thing or not! I have a ridiculous amount of Nutella recipes that I want to try so check in all week to see the delicious creations!





I am starting off the week with these yummy muffins! There is a nice little surprise waiting for you inside. Who wouldn't want a nice bite of Nutella with their morning breakfast? These muffins were so delicious. The only thing I would change for next time would be to make 6 jumbo muffins instead of 12 regular and increase the amount of Nutella in the middle. I mean, it is a NUTELLA muffin, so why not?


Chocolate Chip Apple Nutella Muffins
Recipe from Food Notes


1 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup cooking oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips
Nutella (6 tablespoons)
2 apples - peeled, cored and chopped



Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix all the dry ingredients- both flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Then add in the oil, milk, and egg. Incorporate the apples by folding them in. Do not overmix.
Spoon the batter into the muffin tins 1/4 of the way. Add a spoonful of Nutella to each tin. Spoon more batter until it fills the tins 3/4 of the way. Add chocolate chips to the top of the batter.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.

5 comments:

priscilla joy said...

that looks quite yummy...nutella frosting is delicious.

Brad and Erica said...

Wahoo! Nutella week! I am so excited!!

The McBride Family said...

It's finally here!!! YUMMY!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

You've said the magic word: nutella! LOVE the stuff, it will be a great week!
Muffins are adorable!

Adventures in Gluttony said...

Wow, a whole week dedicated to Nutella! You're a girl after my own heart!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails