Friday, October 24, 2008

My 100th Post

WOW! I can't believe that this is my 100th post! I have been having such a blast with this blog! It started out as a fun little challenge and I never really expected for anyone other than close friends and family to read it. It makes me so happy to know that not only do my friends and family enjoy it but other bloggers enjoy it as well!

I was awarded two blog awards recently and wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you! Priscilla of Priscilla's Baking Adventures gave me the "E for Excellent" award and Honey B of The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch gave me the "Kreativ Blogger" award. Thank you both so much! It made my day to see these awards and I am really glad to know that you both enjoy my blog!

I have been debating for a few weeks now about what to post for my hundreth. Nothing seemed good enough. So, I have decided that nothing would be great! So, no recipe today. Just a little thank you to everyone who has read over the last 3 months and I hope you will continue to read! I appreciate and read all the comments that are left.

Now of course I couldn't just do NOTHING for my 100th post. A list called "The Omnivore's 100" has been making the rounds on the food blogs. It is a list of 100 things every omnivore should try in their lifetime. Cakespy did a spin-off; a sweet 100. I have an incredibly large sweet tooth, so I decided that it would be fitting to post the Sweet 100 for my 100th post. The foods in red are ones that I have already tried. The others are now on my to-do list! So... look for some of those to be popping up on the blog sometime in the future! Join in on the fun, too! If you don't want to post it on your blog, leave a comment here and let me know how many you have tried (if you don't know what some are, Cakespy has links to descriptions)! I'm at 37. Not great, but a good starting point!

Without further adieu, here is the list. Oh, and tomorrow kicks off Nutella week - something I have been wanting to do for the past month or so! Join me as I blog about my favorite sweet treat, Nutella!

The Sweet 100

1. Red Velvet Cake

2. Princess Torte

3. Whoopie Pie

4. Apple Pie either topped or baked with sharp cheddar

5. Beignet

6. Baklava

7. Black and white cookie

8. Seven Layer Bar (also known as the Magic Bar or Hello Dolly bars)

9. Fried Fruit pie (sometimes called hand pies)

10. Kringle

11. Just-fried (still hot) doughnut

12. Scone with clotted cream

13. Betty, Grunt, Slump, Buckle or Pandowdy

14. Halvah

15. Macarons

16. Banana pudding with nilla wafers

17. Bubble tea (with tapioca "pearls")

18. Dixie Cup

19. Rice Krispie treats

20. Alfajores

21. Blondies

22. Croquembouche

23. Girl Scout cookies

24. Moon cake

25. Candy Apple

26. Baked Alaska

27. Brooklyn Egg Cream

28. Nanaimo bar

29. Baba au rhum

30. King Cake

31. Sachertorte

32. Pavlova

33. Tres Leches Cake

34. Trifle

35. Shoofly Pie

36. Key Lime Pie (made with real key lime)

37. Panna Cotta

38. New York Cheesecake

39. Napoleon / mille-fueille

40. Russian Tea Cake / Mexican Wedding Cake

41. Anzac biscuits

42. Pizzelle

43. Kolache

44. Buckeyes

45. Malasadas

46. Moon Pie

47. Dutch baby

48. Boston Cream Pie

49. Homemade chocolate chip cookies

50. Pralines

51. Gooey butter cake

52. Rusks

53. Daifuku

54. Green tea cake or cookies

55. Cupcakes from a cupcake shop

56. Crème brûlée

57. Some sort of deep fried fair food (twinkie, candy bar, cupcake)

58. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting

59. Jelly Roll

60. Pop Tarts

61. Charlotte Russe

62. An "upside down" dessert (Pineapple upside down cake or Tarte Tatin)

63. Hummingbird Cake

64. Jell-O from a mold

65. Black forest cake

66. Mock Apple Pie (Ritz Cracker Pie)

67. Kulfi

68. Linzer torte

69. Churro

70. Stollen

71. Angel Food Cake

72. Mincemeat pie

73. Concha

74. Opera Cake

75. Sfogliatelle / Lobster tail

76. Pain au chocolat

77. A piece of Gingerbread House

78. Cassata

79. Cannoli

80. Rainbow cookies

81. Religieuse

82. Petits fours

83. Chocolate Souffle

84. Bienenstich (Bee Sting Cake)

85. Rugelach

86. Hamenstashen

87. Homemade marshmallows

88. Rigo Janci

89. Pie or cake made with candy bar flavors (Snickers pie, Reeses pie, etc)

90. Divinity

91. Coke or Cola cake

92. Gateau Basque

93. S'mores

94. Figgy Pudding

95. Bananas foster or other flaming dessert

96. Joe Froggers

97. Sables

98. Millionaire's Shortbread

99. Animal crackers

100. Basbousa

8 comments:

Shelby said...

Congrats on your 100th post! I'm glad your having fun with your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the congratulations and congratulations on your 100th post! This list is fun! I am a definite sweet tooth so will have to give it a shot.

Arika
My Yummy Life

betty geek said...

Congratulations darling! Well-deserved awards! Keep up the good work, I'm watching you! ;)

Brad and Erica said...

I hate saying the same thing as everyone else, but I will do it anyway... Congratulations on 100 posts! I am looking forward to hundreds more delicious recipes (and delicious food)! See you tomorrow!

The McBride Family said...

I love you. Nothing more, nothing less. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome list! That should keep you busy for awhile...LOL I was thinking it would be a fun challenge...but as I was reading through the list I came across Moon Cake...then Moon Pie...and thought they were the same thing...LOL and I wondered about some of the things I couldn't pronounce...But then I got to #87 and that was a deal breaker. No mincemeat pie for me thanks....LOL

I love reading your blog. Occasionally I try some of the recipes too. Keep it up and can't wait to celebrate 1000 posts w/ ya :D

Anonymous said...

OOPS Mincemeat is #72....I remembered #87 because I just got to try homemade marshmallows for the 1st time last week. They were yummy. Much better than store bought.

Susan @ SGCC said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Here's to at least 500 more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails