Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Orange Marmalade Muffins & Orange-Cardamom Yogurt




Go ahead... say it. I'm addicted to cardamom. Yes, it's true. Besides the fact that I love the taste of it, the jar of cardamom was expensive, so I am determined to use all of it. Although, most recipes only call for 1/4-1/2 tsp at a time, so I will need a lot more cardamom recipes! :)


Here are two delicious breakfast recipes that call for cardamom. YUM YUM YUM!!!!


Orange Marmalade Muffins with Cardamom Pine Nut Streusel
Recipe from Eating Out Loud


1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla


Cardamom pine nut streusel


1/2 cup pine nuts, half of them chopped finely
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
2 tablespoons butter, softened


Add the dry muffin ingredients to a mixing bowl, add wet ingredients, and stir to combine. Pour into a greased muffin tin, filling each muffin cup 2/3 full.


For the streusel, use a fork (or your fingers) to mush the ingredients together. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over the top of each muffin.


Bake the muffins in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins test done. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.


Makes 12 muffins.

------------------------------------------------------
Orange-Cardamom Yogurt
Recipe adapted from FoodCite


1 c. plain yogurt
1/4 t. cardamom
1/8 t. nutmeg
1-2 TBSP orange marmalade
1 t. honey


Mix all ingredients. Adjust to taste.

2 comments:

The Mortensens said...

Hi Cristine,

You don't know me, but I'm a friend of Monica's. After reading your cardamom blog entries, I decided to go buy some, but they didn't have any at the Ramstein Commissary! Where did you get yours?

I love your blog by the way. You inspired me to join TWD.

Thanks for posting!

Brad and Erica said...

Mmmm... I love cardamom and pine nuts. It sounds like a winner. Also, the orange and thyme chicken looks great. I am going to have to try both of them soon. Thanks for coming over for dinner tonight -- I hope that you get your voice back soon!

Erica

Related Posts with Thumbnails