Monday, October 27, 2008

TWD: Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes



Time for cupcakes! Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes to be exact! I was excited for this week's recipe because it was going to fit in with Nutella week PERFECTLY! My original plan was to fill the cupcakes with Nutella cream but time got away from me and that didn't happen.

I put these off until the last minute and ended up making them right before we were heading out to the pumpkin patch. I just didn't have the time or energy to fill the cupcakes and make the ganache for the tops. So, I just melted some Nutella and used that for the tops! What a fantastic idea if I do say so myself! :P

These cupcakes gave the TWDers some trouble this week. A lot of people said that they turned out dry and there was a great, lively discussion on what to do to fix that. I tried using half butter/half oil in order to combat the dryness, but they still weren't as moist as I would've liked.

The cupcakes were okay... not great. They were definately edible but they weren't the best chocolate cupcake I've ever had. No offense, Dorie.... Still good, but not a fave.

Thank you to Clara from I Heart Food For Thought for hosting this week... head over to her blog for the recipe! As always, check out the TWD blogroll to see all the wonderful creations! I'm sure there will be amazing Halloween cupcakes out there today!

*NOTE: I'll have an actual Nutella recipe up later today for those of you who are following Nutella week!*

13 comments:

Shelby said...

I love nutella!! :)

Sihan said...

nutella!.. i put some in my cupcakes and gawd,, it made them SO MUCH better! i think i could scoop out a whole jar of nutella in one seating. Aren't i disgusting?!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Oh yum! They look like they tasted great!

The Mortensens said...

Nutella sound way better than the bittersweet chocolate that the recipe calls for! Although, I have to admit that it kind of grew on me.

CB said...

Mmmm... I bet the melted Nutella glaze was SO good with the chocolate cupcake! Thanks for baking with me this week!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Prudy said...

Nutella on the cupcakes! Ooh, wow! I've got to check out your other nutella creations.

chocolatechic said...

Nutella=yummy cupcake.

Great job.

Emily Rose said...

good idea about melting the nutella for the the glaze on top! I also thought about filling mine with nutella or marshmallow cream but ran out of time!

Megan said...

Yes, Nutella makes everything better!

Engineer Baker said...

I am loving your nutella week, although it's making it hard on my self control :) Nice job on the cupcakes.

Pamela said...

I agree with you that they were good, but not my absoulute favorite. I don't think I could keep Nutella in the house without digging in every chance I got! I admire you. ;o)

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Nutella week sounds like tons of delicious fun! Great job.
Nancy

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Your Nutella Week is going very well indeed. Those cupcakes look so good with that creamy Nutella melt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails