Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Heavenly Nutella Snack & Blog Awards

Before I get to the Nutella recipe of the day I wanted to pass out some blog awards! First, a big thank you to Pamela from Cookies with Boys for giving me the Premio Arte y Pico Award! You totally made my day! Also, I was given two other awards last week and have been slacking on passing those along, so I will pass out all three today!



First, the Premio Arte y Pico Award comes with some rules. They are:

1. Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2. Advertise name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone
3. Each award-winner, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize has to show the link of “Arte y pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. Share these rules.

I would love to pass this award on to the following blogs:

Caitlin of Engineer Baker

The "E for Excellent" award is going to Nancy of The Dogs Eat the Crumbs, Linda of Tender Crumb, and Emily Rose of Sandmuffin!



And last but not least, the Kreativ Blogger Award goes to Pamela of Cookies with Boys and Leslie of The Hungry Housewife!

Now, for Heavenly Nutella Snacks. Seriously, that is what the name for this recipe is. Most people call this "Puppy Chow" or "White Trash" but this variation truly is heavenly! It didn't last long, either. It was gone by the end of the day! (It was a half batch and I wasn't the only one eating it... 2 others helped me out!)

Heavenly Nutella Snacks
Recipe from Recipezaar



6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 (13 ounce) jar chocolate hazelnut spread
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (12 ounce) box corn and crispy rice cereal
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa


In a saucepan, melt the butter, chocolate-hazelnut spread, and chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.

In a large bowl place the cereal and pour the melted chocolate mixture over the top. Gently stir well to coat evenly. Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and cocoa, and toss to coat.

Store in an airtight container.

13 comments:

Shelby said...

Thanks for the award Cristine!

The Nutella snacks sound yummy! I'm no longer "stuck" in my driveway and heading to work today so I intend to run to the store for some Nutella and AAA Batteries! :) lol

Pamela said...

Another great looking Nutella treat! Thanks so much for sharing this award with me!! I really appreciate it. :o)

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Thanks for thinking of my blog for an award, Christine! Your nutella recipes continue to look intriguing. We made Puppy Chow when my girls were little (and also a similar recipe called Muddy Buddies) but they were with PB and chocolate. The nutella sounds delicious!
Nancy

The Grows said...

WOW, those sound like they were delicious!!!!!!!!!

priscilla joy said...

thanks so much for the award Crisitne! those nutellea chex snacks look soo good! the award will be on my blog the next post!

Emily Rose said...

thank you for the award!! and the snack mix looks so good-I think I'll make some for Halloween tomorrow (like we'll need more sweets!)

Megan said...

My daughter loves to make puppy chow. Can't wait to tell her to make it nutella. Your brilliant!

Megan said...

My daughter loves to make puppy chow. Can't wait to tell her to make it nutella. Your brilliant!

betty geek said...

I love you, Cristine! You are one of my true blog heroes! You are one hot mama and wife who cooks and bakes! A domestic diva award should go out to you. Thanks so much for the award; you seriously made my day. You are too awesome for words. XOXO! (P.S. Nutella is the bomb!)

Maria said...

I am in love with all of these nutella treats! This is going to be a dangerous snack for me!! We posted hazelnut cookies yesterday. They were great!! Thanks for so many recipes!

Leslie said...

Ohhhh.I love anything Nutella!!! Delish
Congrats on your awards and thank you so very kindly for passing it on to me. That was so very kind of you to think of.

Brad and Erica said...

It was only half a batch, ok! So what if we ate an entire recipe of trash... it was only half a batch! Hahaha... just kidding. It was delicious, like everything else.

Adventures in Gluttony said...

Awww...you are so sweet! Thanks for the award; I'll make sure to pass it along too.

I LOVE nutella. You;re lucky you live in Germany. It is hard to find in the states and a little on the pricey side too. This looks so easy; yet so simple. Perfect for the holidays!

Related Posts with Thumbnails