Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cardamom Cookies


I think I have found the perfect fall cookie! I have become officially obsessed with cardamom and knew I had to try these cookies when I saw them. All I can say is WOW! These cookies will be made a million times over.


Cardamom Cookies
Recipe from Dolce Cakes


1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c white sugar
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 c peanut butter
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1 egg
White chocolate, melted (optional)


Mix the flour, sugar, butter and peanut butter in a bowl until crumbly. Add the egg and mix together until you have a workable dough. You want to mix it until it JUST comes together, like a biscuit dough. Wrap it up and place it in the fridge immediately.


After about an hour, take it out and roll it to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes and place it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400 degrees for about 6-8 minutes or until the bottoms are slightly golden brown.


Move cookies to cooling rack to cool. Drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.

3 comments:

The McBride Family said...

these will be made a million times over in my house as well!! they were my fave!

Shelby said...

These sound great and I'm really intrigued with cardamon now since the DB Danish Braid challenge - I totally fell in love with it.

priscilla joy said...

yummy, those look delicious...cardamon in a cookie sounds great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails