Monday, October 13, 2008

TWD: Lenox Almond Biscotti

No picture for this weeks recipe, but I promise I made it! When I made the biscotti, I didn't have my camera. Well, technically I had my camera... the battery was just dead! But, at least it was on a biscotti recipe. No offense to biscotti... it's just that you can't get all that creative with biscotti, so most pictures will look the same.

This biscotti was good, but not my favorite. I've only had one other type of biscotti (chocolate-walnut) and since I am a chocoholic, it still ranks number one for me. I had two pieces, though, before I packaged up the rest to be sent to my husband in Iraq, and it was yummy!

The Lenox Almond Biscotti was chosen by Gretchen of Canela & Comino and the recipe can be found at her blog. Don't forget to check out the TWD blogroll to see all the wonderful biscotti!

Oh, and a quick note... TWD will only be accepting members until October 31st. So buy the book and come join in on the fun!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this biscotti will be perfect for traveling. Good thinking.

Engineer Baker said...

What a wonderful thing to be able to send - these biscotti should travel really well.

Anonymous said...

great recipe for shipping! you're right, it's awfully hard to come up with something new in a biscotti photo. for real.

Prudy said...

Good point about the travel! Sorry these weren't your faves...there's always next week.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Awwww, what a great package for your hubby! You're so right - keep the camera charged for the showier treats. These did have good flavor, and I was happy to learn the technique. The chocolate biscotti sound good!
Nancy

CB said...

Bummer about your dead camera battery. I hate when that happens! Sorry it wasn't a favorite but you win some you lose some, right? There's always next week!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Christine said...

This is a perfect cookie for traveling it holds up so well. Sorry it wasn't one of your favorites!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your husband will love them. They are great!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that your husband will really enjoy these!

betty geek said...

I want to see pictures! Waaaahhhhh! Just kidding, I am sure they turned out lovely!

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

I also got caught by a dead camera once, it's so annoying. But those biscotti must have been good.

Gretchen Noelle said...

Sorry these were not your favorite. I hope your husband enjoys them. Thanks for participating!

AmyRuth said...

Ah, so glad your husband will be able to enjoy and share the love from home. That's awesome!
AmyRuth

Related Posts with Thumbnails