Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 26 Part 1 - Recipe 44 "Tuesdays with Dorie"


It's Tuesday again and that means it's time for Dorie! The selection this week was chosen by Amy of Food, Family, and Fun. The recipe was Chocolate Banded Ice Cream Torte. I was really excited about this week because I love chocolate and ice cream! Plus, there are so many different ways you could do this! The original recipe calls for blending raspberries with vanilla ice cream. While that sounded delicious, I was really craving cookie dough. So, I went with that. Let me tell you... it was out of this world!!!


I cut the recipe in half because I knew it would be dangerous. I made it in a 6" pan. I probably should've let me layers set up more before pouring on the next but time isn't usually something I have a lot of! So, my layers aren't perfect, but it made up for it in taste!


Make sure to check out the TWD blogroll to see the other creations!

19 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Oh gee Cristine, your torte looks fabulous and what a great idea!!! Cookie dough! Why didn't I think of that! You GO girl!

Jessie said...

Cookie dough sounds delish! Great job.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Whoa, your torte looks so good with the cookie dough ice cream - and the layers are fine. Great work!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

WOW yours looks so decadent! I didn't spend enough time on my layers either, but it didn't compromise the taste at all. Great job!

Amy said...

Your torte looks amazing. I love the cookie dough peeking out of the ice cream! Great idea!

Steph said...

Cookie dough is such a great idea! I like your nice and thick layers.

Marthe said...

Wow!! I wish I would have thought about cookie dough!!

TeaLady said...

Cookie Dough!!! Ice Cream Heaven. Looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

COOKIE DOUGH! My favorite! That cake looks SOOOO good!

Flourchild said...

Yum cookie dough..my girls would have loved that! Your torte looks divine!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Baby! This looks awesome. Great job, and I love the straight edges.

Bungalow Barbara said...

Oooh, yummy!

Maria said...

Yum, cookie dough! Looks like the ultimate dessert!

Jules Someone said...

That looks amazing! Nice add on the cookie dough.

Anonymous said...

Out of this world sounds great to me! I'll be right over. :)

Nicole said...

Your layers look great! I love the cookie dough take on it! Mmmmmmm!

Jodie said...

Looks great. I rushed the layers too, but it tastes just as good!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Now I never thought of doing cookie dough! That sounds like a really good choice!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This looks amazing! I realy need to try this if I make it again. Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails