Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 24 - Recipe 42

Today was another muffin day. I planned on making dinner, but was invited over to the McBride's and wasn't about to turn down someone else cooking! Hey, everyone needs a break sometime!

These muffins were really good! I used applesauce instead of butter to make it healthier. I love hearty muffins like this!

And on a non-food related note.... Happy 10 year ARMY anniversary to my husband! Thanks for serving our country! I miss you so much and am so proud of you! Can't wait until R&R! I love you, Nathan!

Morning Muffins
from Taste of Home


1/4 cup butter, softened (Or applesauce!)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)

In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and sour cream; beat well. Stir in the carrots, coconut, and raisins. Combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; stir into wet ingredients. Fold in nuts.

Fill muffin tins and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails