Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 25 - Recipe 43

I'm a bit bummed this morning. I am ready for September. All I wanted for breakfast was some scrambled eggs. Nothing fancy, no recipe. Just plain old scrambled eggs. But, we are going to Ramstein tonight for a kid thing and so no dinner at home. Plus, I didn't really feel like making a dessert. So, I had to make something for breakfast. Don't get me wrong... I am really enjoying this blog. I love trying new recipes and I actually look forward to posting. I will be continuing this blog for a long time to come. The problem comes from HAVING to make a new recipe for the last 25 days. Most days it hasn't been a problem, but today I just wanted eggs. :) Oh well... there's always tomorrow!

Now, on to what I did have. I found a recipe for mini German puff pancakes at Make and Takes. These were good and very easy. You could top them with just about anything. I had some fresh strawberries in the fridge so that is what I used. Add a little sprinkling of powdered sugar and breakfast was ready.

This recipe makes 24 so cut it in half (or in quarters!) if you aren't feeding a crowd.

German Puff Pancakes

1 cup milk
1 cup flour
6 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
dash salt

Throw all ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into greased muffin tins. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.

1 comments:

Susan @ My Wholefood Family Essentials said...

Hi Cristine, thanks for visiting my blog! What a great challenge, making something new everyday for a month. Do you think you will still post regularly come September? Those pancakes look great by the way :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails